chapter forty four

ellie's pov

"so you've lost your car?"

"not lost... just- just misplaced."

i give ashton an apologetic look as we looked through the fourth car park level. why don't i ever write down what level i park in?

he gently tugs on my arm and pulls us both to a stop, "what does it look like?"

"uh... silver, kinda smart looking. its a hyundai if that helps, i don't even know." i shrug, "all i know about cars is that i drive one."

"so... kinda like that one?" he asks, pointing to the car at the beginning of the entrance. my car.

"what?! how did i not see that? " i grumbled, "how did you even see it?"

he chuckles as we approach my car. "we walked past it like three times and i'm pretty sure i saw a picture of a cat near the window. thought it was yours but i had no clue."

i gaped at him, "you should have said something! we've been walking for like an hour."

"twenty minutes more like." he corrected me, "plus i didn't mind walking around with you." he shrugged, walking ahead and getting to the car before me and leaving me with an open mouth in shock.

did he just say that? wow.

shaking my head i quickly unlock the car then we both climb inside and slam the doors shut. "ok so don't judge me for my driving, i've had this car like two months. my dad entered this competition for a car but i'm the only one who can drive so i don't know why he entered and i'm rambling. awesome."

i resist the urge to facepalm myself and start the car, but i don't miss the way ashton subtly held on tighter to the door handle.

"this is weird." he speaks up, turning so he could see me. "we're actually with each other right now."

"is that a good weird or a bad weird?" i nervously chuckle, not taking my eyes off the road.

"a good weird. definitely. you even look the same maybe even better than your pictures and here's me thinking you'd be some cougar out to get me."

i fake gasp, "ashton irwin has cougars out to get him? who knew. and i'm younger than you so.."

i see him shrug from the corner of my eyes, "does that make me the cougar? whats the male equivalent?"

"well, depends if you're out to get me."

he just smiles but then snaps his fingers, "sugar daddy! am i one of those?"

my eyes widen, "you do know what that means right?"

"uh, yeah, a guy with a younger girl?"

"yeah about thirty years younger, you're like what? three years younger? that doesn't count. plus i don't see you buying me designer handbags for a blowjob. girls who have sugar daddies are basically well dressed prostitutes." i shrug, turning the steering wheel.