chapter thirty five

ellie's pov

pacing outside apartment 20 i started to think about what i was actually going to say to my parents, and apparently whoever was in the room as it sounded pretty busy.

how am i meant to tell them i'm going to the airport to see ashton, who my dad thinks works at netflix, then probably (hopefully) spend some time with him while he's here and then tell him how ashton is a member of the band i had to beg for him to buy me tickets for.

this is just going to go great-

"hey, el!"

i cringed, turning around and seeing, joey, my parents friend grinning at me.

"hey." i whispered, trying not to make more attention to make it seem as if i was outside in the hall.

"what you doing out here?" he spoke loudly.

my eyes widened as i shushed him, "i'm thinking!"

he frowned, "why you thinking in the hall?"

"cause i-,"

"you might as well think inside, i don't see how hall thinking helps." he laughed, walking in front of me and opening the door, pulling me inside.

"hey guys! don't mind el, she's thinking." he pointed at them all, leaving me alone and awkwardly standing in the doorway.

"uh, yeah i'll go back outside." i go to turn around but my moms voice stops me halfway.

"wait!"

"what?" i asked nervously.

"you have that face..." she eyed me.

"what face?" my eyes widened again, "i don't have a face."

all eyes were on me after i said that and i almost wanted to head-butt the door at my stupid reply, doesn't help that literally everyone is here right now and giving me a funny look.

"what you doing up here?" my auntie, monica asks from her spot on the kitchen table.

"just want some food, you know i love your cooking mon." i shot her a fake smile, walking towards the fridge and opening it, only to close it in disappointment as there was nothing in there.

how do i do this?

screw it.

i walked in front of the sofa which my mom, dad, joey and chandler were sat at and put my hands on my hips.

"okay, so maybe i am here for a reason."

"knew it." i heard my mom mutter making me roll my eyes.

"so, lately i have been talking to a, um, guy and before you say anything about stranger danger or whatever just know that he isn't a stranger, at all." i speak quickly.

"how's he not a stranger if you've only just started talking to him?" chandler asks me confused.

"he just- this is between us, okay!" i point to my parents and myself. "stop interrupting." i shot him a fake glare making him send me one back.

"my home, i'll get involved all i want." he spoke smugly.

damn.

"what he said." i heard monica call over, making me roll my eyes.

"anyone else getting involved?" i asked sarcastically.

"i would but i don't really feel like getting in your teen dilemmas." joey spoke up making me send him a smile.

"okay anyway, we've spoken loads and facetimed and stuff." i told my parents.

my dad leaned forward from his seat, "what's his name?"

"um, ashton." i mumbled.

"what was that? you're speaking too quiet."

"ashton."

"hey that's the same as the- oh no you didn't." my dad gaped at me, "the netflix guy?!"

"he's uh, not actually-," i stopped when i saw the look my mom was giving me. "yeah the netflix guy."

ellie, please shut yourself up.

"you're dating a netflix guy?" chandler laughed.

"no! not dating! just friends." i spoke quickly. "i just need to go pick him up from the airport in a few days, he's flying over just to see me, how nice is that?"

"very nice..." my mom said, seeming slightly unconvinced. not that i blame her. "you'll need to bring him over though, we want to meet him."

"a-are you sure?" they will 100% recognise him from the TV and magazines, i have actually just dug myself the worst hole ever.

"yeah, always wanting to meet a friend of yours, ellie." my mom smiled, but this smile was evil. she knew something else was up.

"okay... so i'll get back to you on that." i quickly made my way out of the apartment and running down the stairs to mine.

i need to give ashton a few tips.