extra (surprise) chapter

ellie's pov

"so you won't cut off the call if luke walks in, right?"

rolling my eyes i reluctantly nod my head, looking at ashton's face on my laptop screen. "i won't. unless he pisses me off."

ashton chuckles, "so you will hang up then?"

"basically." i nod, "unless he apologises."

"what did he even do?"

what did he do? oh, he just text me a bunch of videos of cats falling off of things and telling me that it's going to happen to sparta. "nothing."

ashton goes to question me again but is quickly cut off by michael's shouting, "exactly!" he exclaims, "and if we didn't i could have like died, i'm needy!"

i raise an eyebrow and lean forward to see if i can hear michael better but get nothing, "who is he being needy to? did he move on from my mom? can i unblock him on her twitter now?"

ashton sighs, "some girl called harley or something." he shrugs, "she's apparently not as friendly as he hoped- wait, your mom has twitter?"

"well yeah," i deadpan, "who doesn't? she doesn't even use it though, probably got it just to check up on you."

ashton's eyes widen as he picks up his phone and stares at it with an unreadable expression, "well that's comforting."

"i just hope she doesn't find the 'theories'." i shudder.

"ah, yeah." he grimaces, "wouldn't want her to find out that you're a pr distraction while i really date bryana." he jokes.

"honestly, i would be the one dating bryana, not you." i point out, "we just have a connection that you don't understand." i muse, joking back with him. but probably not completely.

"that would- uh- be wow uh-,"

"hot? amazing? all your dreams come true?" i wriggle my eyebrows with a serious expression on my face before bursting into laughter, "your face!"

ashton gapes at me a few times before clearing his throat, "my face is fine, my mind probably isn't."

i let one last laugh escape me before sending him a more serious look, "i miss you."

"i miss you too, wish you could come over." he pouts.

i am, i want to just yell out but restrain myself by keeping on with my serious facade. "me too, but i'm sure we'll see each other sooner than we think. time will pass in no time and we'll be back to watching sex and the city together."

"i would complain but honestly i would kill for that right now." he mutters before moving so he was leaning on his arm, "you finish those books yet?"

"re-finish." i correct him, "and yes, yes i did." i beam proudly, "the supernatural books are honestly amazing, and i just hope you know that if i ever miraculously meet dean winchester i'm ditching you for him."

he rolls his eyes, smirking. "cause i really have to worry about a fictional character."

"you didn't need to, but things change and my love for the fictional character that is dean winchester came back when carver edlund re-published."

"i've never seen you so invested in books before." ashton laughs, making me smile lightly at the sight.

"yeah, well they're great, what can i say?" i shrug.

who are these people, i just woke up in my underwear-

i quickly reach for my phone as the alarm blasts making me cringe at the loudness, "i really need to remember to turn that off."

"do you still have your sex and the city reminder alarm on? you have them all on dvd, why do you need to remind yourself to watch it on tv?"

i furrow my eyebrows and look at ashton with a confused expression, "why wouldn't i?"

he just shrugs with a grin on his face, "great song though."

"right?! don't threaten me with a good time is literally my song for everything right now." i tap on my phone for a minute before pulling the song up and pointing at ashton, "alright, alright."

his eyes widen but the smile remains on his face, "are you about to-,"

"alright, alright!" i cut him off, jumping up and standing away from the spot on my bed but still in view on facetime, "it's a hell of a feeling though!"

"el, oh my god." ashton laughs, seeing my amazing dance moves.

"alright, alrigh- wait!" i blow my hair out of my face and jump back onto my bed so i can be closer to the laptop, "you're friends with brendon, right?"

"well i wouldn't say as close as friends but we've met a couple times." he shrugs.

"how are you so casual about that?" i mutter, "anyway, so like you could hook us up?"

"he's married."

"and i have a boyfriend, what's the big deal?"

ashton quirks an eyebrow, "yeah, hi, i'm this boyfriend."

tilting my head to the side, i feign a look of confusion. "you are? could have sworn i was dating michael."

ashton let's out a low whistle, "and the plot thickens."

i chuckle and check my phone one last time before sighing, "that alarm wasn't the sex and the city alarm, i have to go help out joey on set today, he apparently needs his eyebrows done but doesn't trust a beautician."

ashton whines, "tell him to man up and just go to a beautician so we can talk longer."

"i would but he would probably chicken out and only get one eyebrow done- again." i send him a sorry look, "i'll call you later if you're free though, okay?"

"sounds good. love you."

my heart warms at those words and i almost feel bad for lying to him, "love you too."

after hanging up i quickly close my laptop and look over at the suitcases in need of desperate packing, see you soon ash.

<><><><><><><><><>

HI HELLO HEY
if you missed the allie feels, you might really want to check out imessage (if you haven't already) as a lil ellie is popping into it soon.. thought it would be nice to introduce her slowly by this, missed writing allie so damn much so need to bring them back asap.

see u on imessage ✌🏼️