• S I X T Y - S E V E N • (Pt.2)

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- NOT ABOUT ANGELS by BIRDY

**************
C A R O L I N E

I have nothing to feel in this moment; emotionless, if it's even possible. All of a sudden these lights are blinding me and everything in my mind feels so dull and grey. It gives me a sense that maybe- just maybe- a storm is approaching.

"I told you not to come, Caroline." Harry cries out, struggling in the clutches of the guards and head hung low in defeat. I look up and stare at Harry. There is no way in hell I regret coming after him. If he was to suffer, I would suffer with him.

Looking up at the guards holding me, I give them dirty looks, trying to tug myself away yet again. I turn my attention away to the king of Mightera who emerges into sight from the end of the hall. He angrily strolls towards me and hooks his finger to my chin. I am forced to meet his eyes.

"Listen girl, you have made my life so much harder than it already is. Tell me, what did you do to my son? Cast a damn enchantment spell on him, flashed him with your-"

"Ivan!" Harry hollers violently, his face a deep red. I blink slowly, looking over at him even though the king has his hand grabbing my chin. Harry is the son of the king? Wait- but that makes him...

The prince of Mightera.

I am dumbfounded. I've been in love with a prince all along. A part of me fell in love with Harry for being a commoner- just a simple, normal guy. But he's a royal blood.

"Just because you say I'm your son, won't make me your damn son! In my heart, I'm still middle class Harry Styles." He says, furrowing his eyebrows. Now, Desmond is in full view walking towards us.

"No matter how abusive, cruel and coldhearted this man may be, he has always been known to me as my father." Harry restrictedly points at Desmond.

Ivan lets go of my chin with force. "Well guess what, boy? You are not his son, you are mine and you better get use to that." He says, getting up in Harry's face and glaring at him. Harry glares back, chest heaving.

"Never." He seethes.

I lower to my knees because of the pull of the guards. Harry looks over at me, aggressively trying to yank himself from the guards. "I will die like this, just let Caroline go."

I shake my head whilst biting my lip to stop the tears. "No Harry, it's either we stay here together or leave here together."

Harry closes his eyes and lets out a frustrated sigh. "Goddammit, Care, why don't you listen to me for once?" That's all I need him to say for me to shut up.

Ivan chuckles, "Regretting your choice, Harry?"

"No," Harry spits out, eyes narrowed, "I'm just regretting my choice in who I chose to believe." Ivan's smug chuckle fades into a hard expression. My heart stops for a second when he pulls out a gun.

"Tell me Harry, would you rather have the fair maiden or yourself die?" Ivan stretches his arm out, clutching the gun tightly. He swings it in my direction, then in Harry's. I suck in a breath at the mere sight, my muscles stiffening.

"No, please, King Ivan please don't do this." I beg loudly. This can't happen- Marcel needs his mum and dad. Just the thought of Marcel's loneliness causes bile to rise up my throat.