• T H I R T Y - F I V E •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- CHAINS by NICK JONAS (Love it!!!)

_____________________

H A R R Y

Caroline took away a part of me I wish I could never take back. My heart. It's hers and only here and she can do anything she pleases with it. Tear it, break it, mend it, glue it, completely shatter it...

I don't care. As long as it's with her.

She understands how it feels to be worthless. And so she says, "Let's be worthless together." No matter how damn hard I try to distance myself from her, I know I'll keep coming back.

Every. Fucking. Time.

"Don't let me go, okay?" She slurs, cupping my face in her hands. (A/N: Hahaha I'm a sucker for song references) Her eyes are hazy and she looks like she's going to tear up any second now. I lick my chapped lips; they taste like the bourbon that Caroline had drunk some time before. I didn't think she'd have it in her to drink. I mean, it was pretty awful tasting the first time I did.

I kiss along her jawline lightly. "I won't." I promise, "I won't ever leave you. I'll hold you tight and never let go. You're mine and only mine."

She smiles at me through her wild eyes. When Caroline's drunk, she seems to be a whole new person. Not afraid to cross limits. "I'm yours and only yours. That sounds good to me." She giggles.

"Now leave, I gotta pee." She says and shoves me out the door. I laugh to myself before leaving, waiting for her to be done.

When I was getting Caroline a drink, I actually ran into one of my mates from the Mighty Kingdom. I tried to avoid Aiden, but that didn't stop him from recognizing me and asking a whole lot of damn questions. I had to tell him that I was trying to get a job in America and that I didn't have time to be around. Through his drunk state, he shifted to another topic pretty quickly so I guess my ass was saved once.

This is getting harder and harder. What will I tell King Ivan about Caroline and I? He wants to fucking kill her, and I'm practically helping to make that happen.

What do I do?

What do I choose?

Now, it's the matter of helping my family or saving my one true love.

Either way, this is betrayal.

_______________________

C A R O L I N E

I quickly use the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror before opening the door. I like this; I feel bad in a way...invincible almost. I don't need to care about what's coming next, I just go with the flow.

Fuck you, etiquette.

I even have the confidence to cuss now. My mother and father would never let those words escape my mouth at home; I just heard Zayn say them when he's really mad and I jot them down on a piece of paper.

"Zayn, what does that mean?" I ask as I write the word down neatly on the paper.

He chuckles softly. "Oh no, you don't need to know these words, they aren't necessarily in your vocabulary."

Like hell, they aren't. I secretly have a grudge against Zayn for that. I've been using things like, "That stupid fat naked molerat" and "Lima beans" when I could have just used these holy words.

The anger would have cooled down in the snap of a finger.

I walk down the narrow path, getting use to the party atmosphere. Harry's nowhere in sight and I don't have a clue of where he's at. My thoughts are still fuzzy from the alcohol, but lucky I didn't vomit anything. Looking around, I suddenly bump into a cold chest, my face colliding with a nice smelling shirt. Like candy apples even.