• T W E N T Y - N I N E •

SONGS FOR THIS CHAPTER:

RIOT by MIKKI EKKO
I LOVE YOU(I ALWAYS HAVE) by MIKKI EKKO

.~.

H A R R Y

I think I'm going crazy.

Wait, I think I just saw a pig fly.

Yep, I'm paranoid as fuck.

Honestly, I don't know why I'm so disturbed. I can literally hear the clock ticking in my sleep.

Tick, tock, tick...

Caroline is going to get married to Liam in three weeks.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

I love Caroline and she loves me too.

Tick, tock, tick, tick, tock...

I have to kidnap her the night before her wedding. I need her in my life.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tic-

King Al wants to fucking get the love of my life married. And what the hell am I doing to stop it?

KABOOM! My mind is a battleground at the moment. Jesus Christ! Why did I have to agree to this stupid mission? My mum forgave the Courageous, what's left? I'm messed up and crazy. And to make it even harder, I fell in love with the girl I'm helping to get killed. She has no clue about this...

And it's haunting me.

It's like I can't even look her in the eye anymore. I'm too ashamed of myself, because this girl has made my life incredible and this is what I do to repay her?

I don't want to lose her.

In the guard's lounge room, I pick up my feet and sit on the lazyboy recliner. This is probably the only time in the whole week I have time to rest. I'm the only one here at this time. Sitting with Caroline is too uncomfortable now, because I don't know what to do about the marriage situation.

I love her, but I have to kidnap her.

Hell, it's like I'm sending her to her deathbed. I'm a cold prick. Immediately, tears start burning in my eyes, which is quite unusual because I hardly tear up. What am I going to do...

"Harry! You have some explaining to do." The king's voice booms as he swings open the door. I instantly swing my feet down on the floor again and get up.

"Your highness." I greet him, bowing down. My heart is hammering. He has one of those People magazines in his hands. He holds out the front page to me, not uttering a single word. I squint at it.

There's a picture of me, and Caroline in my arms when we were leaving the restaurant. Beside it, there's another picture of Liam. The headlines read, "Princess Caroline's mystery man flips off at the paps! Woah!"

Shit. My lips part, but no words escape it. I look at the king; he's definitely pissed off. "Your highness, there's nothing going on between Caroline and I. I just had to carry her because of her injury. Nothing else." I lie and he chuckles.

"No, I'm not talking about that. I know you'd never do such a thing to ruin the royal wedding. I have faith in you, son." The King says and my heart drops thirty feet low. I think it's too late for that...he really trusts me. Jeez, I'm such a bad person. "I'm talking about how you cussed at the paps."

Suddenly, relief washes over me. He doesn't suspect anything, does he. "Oh. I'm sorry, I had to. They were being piss offs." I say without thinking and King Albert raises an eyebrow.