• T H I R T Y - S E V E N •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- DON'T LET ME GO by HARRY STYLES (Gahh the feels kill me every time! Like honestly it's even harder for me because I can relate and it's creepy how accurate it is. ***AND I COMPLETELY FORBID YOU FROM READING THIS CHAPTER WITHOUT IT***)

Vote and comment please?

_____________________

H A R R Y

It's been a week.

It's been a week without hearing her beautiful voice laughing, of not listening to her seductive words, of not tasting her lips on mine, of not seeing her precious smile.

But I can still feel her love.

God, I miss her so much. She's the only person in the world that makes me feel like I'm worth a damn- that caring for me and showering me in love is worthwhile.

But I took that for granted. I broke her trust and so she can't even look me in the eye anymore.

She's afraid of me; afraid that I would hurt her over and over when I don't mean it at all.

Even when she would pass by me, she would pull on a straight face. But inside those emotionless eyes, I can see the hurt and pain I've caused her.

I'll be the only one to blame.

"Harry, tell me how Caroline looks in this wedding dress!" The Queen says, tightening the bust on Caroline from behind -she staggers as the Queen pulls. The dress is beautiful; high neck, the chest netted and patterned florally. The train is ruffled and about two meters long. Caroline avoids my eye contact, her eyes misting up with tears. I lean against the wall, looking down at my shoes. I manage to choke out three sincere words.

"She looks beautiful."

I'm broken and lost without her- so I quit my job at the Courageous kingdom right away. King Al never questioned why, which I guess is a good thing. I never even said goodbye to Caroline. I just left: just like my father.

Niall, Louis and Zayn have visited a few times at my shitty motel room. I've surrounded myself with bottles of liquor and have sketched Caroline's beautiful face over and over. I look back to the first one I've drawn back when I was her guardian.

To think that I've made that smile fade, and those mesmerizing eyes tear up...I'm a monster. She never deserved any of this pain. I've ruined what we had. Why couldn't I have just told her the truth?

Because she'll hate you even more, A little voice inside my head says.

Wait- The real question is, why did I have to agree to this job anyway?

Speaking of which, King Ivan was so pissed at me when I told him I quit. Mother Queen insists that I did the right thing; rather than her being in love with me and I breaking her heart later on. But that can't stop me yearning for Caroline again.

I still love her the same.

_______________________

C A R O L I N E

It's been a week.

A week without his usual sexual
remarks, without his lousy jokes,
without his signature smirk, without his strong arms to embrace me whenever I feel like I have the need to cry.

The part that sucks the most is that I may never experience the feeling of him ever again.

A few days ago, I received the news from Zayn that Harry quit. I still cry myself to sleep, clutching his sweater to my heart. The smell of him is so comforting, knowing that the presence was once in love with the broken girl hidden behind a permanent mask. It feels as though all the tears from my body are drained, I just don't know how else to explain the guilt churning and rising up my throat.