• T W E N T Y - E I G H T •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- HEARTBEAT by THE FRAY (Gives me the friggin chills!)

Caroline's POV

"I'm so sorry, Care. I wanted to protect you. I really did." The person removes the hoodie from his head, and I glare at the familiar face. The green eyes, chestnut hair, but this time, he's beaten up. There are gashes on his face, a scar present on his chin. His skin is dirty and sweaty.

He has a hand behind his back. I peer behind to see what he's holding but he sits me down. Once our unknown, soulless eyes meet, he cups my cheek.

"Who are you? And why did you bring me here?" I shriek.

"Shh...I don't want you to feel the pain. I'll make sure it ends quickly. Shh...it's okay. I'm here now, I'll end it all." The voice rasps, embracing me.

I rest my head on the man's broad chest. I'm weak and my bloodied arms rest on his shoulders. His rigid, uneven breath hits my chest. I close my eyes, finally finding comfort and belief that I'm going to live.

Suddenly, I feel a pierce through my stomach. The pain is unbearable, and I look up at the guilty, crying face of the person holding a blood-drenched knife. I hold my stomach, then look down at my bloody hands.

My blood.

A single tear slips from his eye as he collapses to his knees. "I'm sorry." He sobs as I gasp for my final breaths.

It's Harry.

Have you ever had a nightmare so bad, you wish you had the power to control how bad it gets?

That the man you loved, hurt you in the worst way possible?

Well, this one's mine...

The next morning, the doctor comes by to see make sure my hand isn't infected from the glass last night. Last night was a disaster. I hated every bit of it...well, except for part when Harry sang me to sleep. He has the flawless voice of an angel.

But I can't help but think of that nightmare I had last night...Harry stabbed me. It makes me wonder if he was the guy who stabbed me in the first dream as well...

It can't mean anything. Harry would never do anything like that.

I love him from the bottom of my heart.

Harry is with me while the doctor is checking my hand. He drags the armchair to the side of my bed for the doctor, and kneels down at my legs.

"Can I see the cut?" Dr.Thompson sits down on the chair and asks me. I wince as he unwraps the old gauze bandages from my hand. Harry seems to notice my pain so he gently outstretches my hand for me, and it feels like his touch can mend my wounds.

Dr.Thompson inspects the cut."How did this happen?" I glance over at Harry and he motions for me to tell him.

"Um...I was at a restaurant and the glass centrepiece fell." My cheeks redden, even though half of it is somewhat true. Harry holds in a laugh.

"Hmm..." The doctor scribbles something down on his notepad.
I look up at Harry and he holds my unwounded hand supportively. "Well, your hand isn't infected, that's a good thing. Looks like the person who removed the glass did a very clean job."

I look at Harry and smile. He smiles back. "Harry did it." I say proudly.

Dr.Thompson chuckles softly. "Your boyfriend must be a very clever lad."

I blush, but right at that moment, Harry's expression changes. "Oh, no, I'm not her boyfriend. Prince Liam of Stockholm is going to be her fiancée in three weeks time."