• T H I R T Y - N I N E •

Be prepared for an overload of cuteness. You have been warned...

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- I'M WITH YOU by AVRIL LAVIGNE

(One of my most recent obsessions)

***IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE AT THE END PLEASE READ***

______________________

C A R O L I N E

My groggy eyes slowly open into the view of a sudden blurriness. Through all the white specks in my vision, I can see the flashing yellow, white and red streetlights. I'm in the backseat of a car- my heart is leaping due to the speed.

My eyes revert to the man behind the steering wheel. He has a black hood over his head, so I can't see who he is. "Who are you, and where are you taking me?" I shriek and he curses. I know this voice for sure.

He turns his head, and relief washes over me. "Oh god, you scared the living shit out of me." The raspiness in his voice is too familiar, too comforting so to speak. "When did you wake?"

"Harry, what the hell are you doing? I'm freaking getting married tomorrow!" I say angrily. How does he think he can just show up and take me?

"I know, but I changed my mind. I want you, and I'm not gonna let a bastard take you." He says, as he pulls down the rear view mirror, looking at me through it.

"Well it's too late, take me back now." I demand firmly, childishly kicking the back of his seat.

"No." He grins and I scowl.

"Back to being a jerk, are we?" I ask as I slouch back in the seat.

"Maybe." He turns off somewhere and I bring my fingers to my temples. This is too much to handle. He parks the car right outside Star Desmond.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are, but I need to get back to the castle before everyone starts-"

"You are not going back there." Harry cuts me off strictly. It's almost scary to see, I've never seen him like this.

For a few minutes we stay in silence. Harry climbs out of the car and opens the back car door. I cross my arms over my chest and slump sleepily. After all, Harry did just wake me from my sleep to kidnap me the day before my wedding. "Well, I'm the princess and you're no longer my guardian. So back off." I say harshly, refusing to get out until he takes me back to the castle.

Out of the blue, Harry's eyes darken with dominance, intimidation and the slightest lust. "Listen to me, angel, you don't know who I am and what I'm capable of. You better play by my rules and stay with me." He growls, but it sounds like a purr when he leans down close to my ear. His lips barely graze the edge of my ear, sending shivers down my spine. Through all my mixed emotions, he kisses me softly on the cheek.

"Now come with me before I have no choice but to wrestle you in." He warns and I gulp. Now, this is weird. This is a part of him I've never seen; I never knew him all along.

"Fine...it's only 'cause I'm sleepy, okay?" I say, rubbing my sleepy eyes. I allow Harry to carry me out of the car and kiss my forehead tenderly. This is what I was craving for the past two weeks, I just don't have the right words to protest.

"Okay, baby girl." When he says this, all the fears inside my head settle down. I don't need to worry about my happiness anymore, as long as I'm with him.

"Did you just call me baby girl?" I ask, starting to grin like an idiot.

"Yes, yes I did." Harry confirms whilst looking down and smiling at me as he carries me through the front door on the dingy building. I rest my head on Harry's chest, listening to his heart thumping. He smells of the usual; aftershave and banana bread. Which is surprisingly a pretty impressive scent combo...