• T W E N T Y - S I X •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- FIREFLY by ED SHEERAN

________

H A R R Y

No matter how I try, I don't think I could ever escape Caroline. Even if she's the one to let me go, I don't think I would ever be able to let her. Her figure is so fragile and delicate, like she could shatter to pieces even will the gentlest of a kiss. She's like blue velvet under my touch, perfect and woven with care.

Fuck, just by looking at her, all the things I would do to her flash before my eyes. I've always thought of Caroline as a daisy fresh being, a maiden who treasured her purity and guarded it like a pearl. But now, I've learnt that she's the master of seduction.

I never suspected a thing.

I wait for Caroline downstairs at the front door, checking if I have enough money in my wallet for lunch for the both of us. She's already tried pizza, so maybe she'd like to have it again.

King Al comes up to me, and I bow to him. Snooty Prince of Stockholm is nowhere in sight."Where's Caroline, Harry?"

"She's getting ready, your majesty. I'm treating her to lunch today." I tell him, and with every word I speak, his eyebrows rise a little higher.

"Oh. You really don't have to, you know. Niall makes really good meals here at the castle." King Al says light, airy and slowly, suspiciousness clear in his voice.

"It is not my intention to offend the cook, your majesty. I just thought it would be a nice change." I say politely, sounding as innocent as possible.

Like hell, I am.

The king is left deep in thought. "Oh, that's very nice of you though. Would you mind if Prince Liam of Stockholm tags along? Because he and Caroline have a dinner date tonight too."

This is what pisses me off.

First of all, why does that dick have to be a part of everything? I'm planning on telling Caroline about the potion today so he certainly can't 'tag along' to listen to that. Cockblock.

Secondly, I never knew Caroline and the prince were going on a dinner date today. Why didn't she tell me? And why the hell did she agree? What happened to 'saying no'?

I'm thinking of excuses to tell King Al about Liam coming with us for lunch, and I finally open my mouth to speak. But instead, someone else speaks for me.

"Father, Harry and I would like to go out for lunch alone today, we've got matters to discuss. Besides, Liam and I are going on that dinner date mum wanted us to go on."

I look up to see Caroline standing at the top of the circular marble staircase. The white, shiny marble shines in the light, but not as much as she does. Caroline looks beautiful. She's wearing a little black dress, followed by those black wedges she wore the other day. Her hair is pulled back that navy blue sparrow bandana I bought her.

I like the combination...punk on formal. She looks like a real badass.
I love it.

King Al clasps his hands together, but he looks unamused. "Caroline, take off the bandana. You look like a troubled bad girl, it sets off the wrong impression."

Is he kidding me? Setting off the wrong impression? Caroline is a bad girl. I wanted to shoot back with, "Your majesty? You're daughter just made out with me with her bedroom door wide open. She wasn't scared of getting caught, you call that a good girl?"

Caroline walks down the stairs boldly and simply says, "No father, I like it, and I shall keep it on. Harry and I are going to leave now."

That's my girl.