• F O R T Y - O N E •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- RIGHT NOW by ONE DIRECTION (In dedication to Michelle)

I know some of you wanted a POV Spinoff of what's happening at the castle and I've decided to do one- a rather short one. Happy reading mes amies!:)

_____________________
THE MORNING OF THE WEDDING...

L I A M

Today's the day.

Today's the day all my dreams will finally come true. The day I will be waiting at the alter for Caroline Ann. I can't believe how fast time flies by- it seems like it was yesterday when we were getting our old 'Mr and Mrs Snuggles' to kiss, but now...we are really, actually getting married.

To admit it, I'm kind of nervous. The goosebumps on my skin don't seem to settle down even though I tell myself not to be afraid. You're protecting her from danger.

When King Al and Queen Patricia first asked me to marry Caroline and take her to Stockholm, I was shocked. To them, we were just childhood best friends, nothing more. Although I did have the slightest feelings for Caroline...

But then they told me the real reason of why they wanted their daughter married to me. At the moment, let's just say the kingdom isn't a safe place for Caroline Ann. And anywhere else, for the most part. The Mighties are coming after her for a mistake her ancestors made. But no one cares to spare feelings and give second chances.

The world is a bloody battleground.

I stand in front of the body length mirror, putting on my black tuxedo. My hair is gelled and slick back and I comb out the loose strands, pushing them in place. I want to look beyond presentable today.

"Are you excited, Liam?" My little cousin, Pete, asks me. He's also the ring bearer. He stands behind me in his little baby pink dress shirt and tie. I have to say, Caroline has good taste in theme colours.

"More than ever." I lie, kissing the top of his head. My bride doesn't even want to marry me, so what's the point? At first, I was really into the idea of marrying Caroline, but after I found out that she hates me to her guts, I started to settle down on it. And don't think it doesn't hurt...because it does. I can't do anything about it, I can't tell her the truth about her parents because they made me swear not to tell.

But on the other hand, I can't leave her in danger at the castle. I'll just have to make myself believe that I'm finally doing something good for someone.

The door to the dressing room swings open and Queen Patricia walks in, her face pale. I gently urge Pete to leave the room, and so he does.
"Liam, bad news. " She says pacing back and forth. There is a phone in her hands, punching down three known numbers.

She presses the phone to her ear whilst looking at me with wide eyes. "Caroline is missing."

When she says this, my lips can't stop from curling into the tiniest smile. My heart literally feels like it's been unlocked from its cage of guilt and hurt.

Wherever Caroline is, I hope she's in good hands.

________________________

C A R O L I N E

Harry has provided me with the starter of the simplest clothes to leave the room in a decent manner- dark, straight cut denim jeans and one of his smaller sized shirts. I look hideous, but Harry told me not for long. He also gave me a pair of sunglasses and his signature fedora to wear, which I planned on borrowing a few months ago.

After successfully sneaking out of the building, no one recognizing my identity, Harry takes me to a small shop which resides beside a few tattoo and body piercing shops. Looking up at the tiny, grey unit, my eyes graze upon the vandalized walls covered with profanities. The place is unmarked, a 'For Rent' sign hanging from the newsprint covers glass windows. The very eeriness of it sends shivers down my spine.