• F I F T Y - F O U R •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: ROYALS by LORDE (Idk, I just chose it randomly.)

**********
H A R R Y

I was tricked.

I was tricked into believing that coming all the way to Amsterdam would- in some twisted way- somehow keep Caroline safe. Well it seems like I had it in for a lovely adventure...

*FLASHBACK TO WHAT HAPPENED*

After a four hour flight ride which seemed like forever, I lazily climbed out of my seat and boarded off the flight. It was hectic- there was a five year old boy (brat, I should say) who kept squealing for snacks from the flight attendant every two seconds. It took everything from me not to completely lash out at him with curse words. Every once in a while, I would glare right at him with my tired, bloodshot eyes but he didn't seem to notice my dirty looks. It would have been kind of cute to be honest- but the wrong time.

Looking straight ahead, I walked through the crowded airport- full of hasty walking businessmen in ties and suits, and blonde women in pencil skirts with hair pulled up in bobby tight buns holding suitcases. The loudspeaker projected various flight times- repeating them in both in English and Dutch.

I was puzzled and pissed off- trying to find my way through the crowds of people with my heavy dufflebag slung over one of my shoulders. King Ivan said his henchmen would be waiting for me, but no one familiar was in sight.

I felt a chunky tap on the shoulder, so my instincts immediately told me to turn around. Spinning around on my heal, I came face to face with an unfamiliar, foreign looking tall guy. He had long blond hair, tied back at the nape of his neck. "Hello, I am Luca. Harry Styles, right?" He had some type of an accent thickening his low voice.

I strangely nodding my head, scratching my cheek nervously. "Yeah, are you one of Ivan's men?" My voice was slightly hinting a bit of disgust. By the way the guy is laughing, I guessed that he was a couple years older than me- maybe in his late twenties.

"You could say so. King Antonio told me to come retrieve you from the airport, under King Ivan of Mightera's order." Luca's voice was slick, and a little hard to understand with his accent. But other important questions ran through my head.

"Who's King Antonio?" I inquired hesitantly. The name didn't ring a bell to me, I've never heard of him before.
Luca raised an eyebrow at me.

"King Antonio of Amsterdam." He stated clearly to me and my lips parted, creating an 'o' to show that I understood now. Even though I questioned it, I followed him as he lead me out of the airport and to the cab that waited for us. The ride to the castle was uneventful- Luca and I said nothing to each other mainly because I sat in the backseat with my arms folding over my chest like a stubborn nine year old.

When we finally reached the destination, my jaw literally dropped at the beautiful scenery in front of me. The cab driver stopped outside the tall gates of a grand castle, scattered with lovely glass windows reflecting everywhere. In the middle of the property, there was a large ceramic fountain with a water bearer in the middle, water spewing gracefully from the sculptured pot. I leaned forward in my seat, peering outside the window.

The two guards at the front saw us and swung open the tall gates for the driver. "Welcome to the Grand Hall of Amsterdam." Luca greeted me at the same time. I didn't know what to say- Is this where King Ivan and Desmond were hiding my sweet Caroline? I really hope they haven't done anything to her.

The cab stopped right at the front entrance of the castle, allowing me to gaze in amusement at the glass steps escalating up to the uniquely shaped glass doors with water running down the inside of the pane. It seemed as though this country was high in riches- showing off their wealth with every chance they got.