• T E N •

SONGS FOR THIS CHAPTER-
MONSTER by MIKKI EKKO
READY TO RUN by ONE DIRECTION

***********
H A R R Y

***Note that I have nothing against Kendall Jenner***

This woman.

Something about her annoying shrill tone and short, wide figure makes her seem familiar. Seconds later, it hits me. I know exactly who she is. She's the mother of my ex-girlfriend, Kendall Jenner.

Kendall Jenner. Now this bitch and I go way back. When I was nineteen, we dated for about six months. We did the cute hand holding thing in public, made out at random places, quickies in the women's restrooms- utter bullshit like that.

Her dad is a rich business man, so she introduced me to her parents (how fucking cliché is that) and they actually thought we'd be 'together forever'. I just found that kind of naïve. Kendall started talking about marriage at her eighteen years and about her wanting five kids from me- which made me cringe of course.

Kendall wasn't really my type. She was clingy, snobby and completely conceited. I hated how she would always indirectly hint me to buy her things. Clothes, shoes, diamond rings, being in a relationship with her almost got me broke!

I always kept my identity a secret but that didn't stop her from wondering how I afforded to get her things. There were always points where I just wanted to pull all my hair and tell her things were over. I wanted to tell her how much of a thirsty bitch she was, but at the same time, she was also kind of sweet. I didn't want to break her heart like that, because I know that no one deserves to be confronted that way.

Though, that one night, everything came crashing down all at once. I went to buy us Chinese takeout, only gone for ten minutes, and oh, would you want to find your girlfriend in your bed with a drunk guy on top of her? It wasn't a pretty sight, trust me. All along, I doubted her loyalty but never wanted to ask her if she was seeing someone else to her face. To be honest, I'm actually relieved that I'm free from that burden of a girlfriend.

I dumped Kendall and moved on pretty quickly, continuing with my daily life with no care in the world. But as evil as she was, she switched up the story on me. Kendall told everyone that I was the one who cheated on her. I guess that witch was just afraid of unmasking her true demon. A few months later she got some job as a striptease at a famous underground club. Because of the bone-deep anger I had for her, I usually showed up at that club night after night, dirty dancing and hooking up with any girl that was willing to. The look on Kendall's face those nights were priceless.

I guess that relationship has effected me as a person and has made me into being who I am today. Surely, I'm not proud. I'm seen as a playboy without a heart and soul but in reality, I care. I can't blame Kendall because the only person there is to blame, is me. I should have never played to her tunes. I've also taken an oath to never date ever again because being in a relationship is painful.

I snap out of my trance.

Caroline rambles on about how people think she's some pampered princess, and how she knows she's more than that. Yeah right, she probably copied that straight off of a book called "101 Thoughts That Won't Make You Feel Like A Failure."

"I want us to be friends. I know I won't regret it a single bit." Caroline whispers softly. The corniness of her words is almost intolerable, but the desperation in her voice seems quite sincere.

"Harry, what's that?" She questions, tugging at my arm. As she motions to cotton candy machine, I smile. I feel like I'm not only a guardian to Caroline, but something I can't really explain. Her lack of knowledge on the urban lifestyle is slightly amusing.