• F O R T Y - T W O •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- SEE YOU AGAIN from FAST AND FURIOUS 7 (this song fucked me up so bad r.i.p. Paul Walker)
_______________________

"Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to put trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith."
-Lauren Kate

H A R R Y

The woman in front of me just fell to the ground with a loud thud. I have no idea why, but my immediate reaction is to stoop down next to her. No one saw it coming. She might have health issues, or for reasons I can't think of. Caroline-who is also quite shocked at the sudden happening- kneels down as well, gently slapping the slim cheeks of the unconscious woman.

"Lucy, get up!" She begs, her eyes starting to water with panic. Her new dyed brown beach curls are in her face, but the fear in her eyes are all the same.

The woman doesn't respond; her eyes are closed, a peaceful expression on her soft face. I feel like I should call up an ambulance, but Caroline thinks otherwise.

"Let's carry her to the couch...on the count of three, lift." She instructs me hastily, securing her hands under the woman's arms so I take that as a sign to pick up the legs. "One, two, three, lift."

Together, we carry the unresponsive, limp body of the woman to the couch in the next room and gently lay her down there. "I have bottled water in my bag, hand it to me." Caroline orders, now sitting on the edge of the couch near the woman's head. I only nod- quickly rummaging through Caroline's bag in which contains her new clothes. At the bottom, I find the bottle and grasp it.

My hands toss it to Caroline, and she hastily unscrew the lid, pouring a little amount of water on her hand. She flicks it in the woman's face, and after several seconds- including a few gentle cheek slappinps- the woman's eyes slowly open. I can hear Caroline sigh in relief, but I'm frozen in confusion when the woman quickly sets her gaze on me.

"Am I...am I dead?" She asks no one in particular, still holding her gaze on me, lying down and looking around. Caroline laughs.

"Nope, you're well and alive, Lucy." She states, holding onto the woman's (now I know her name is Lucy) hand. But Lucy ignores her and stands up. Her eyes are wide as she stares at me; Caroline has a puzzled look on her face as Lucy steps over to me and cups my face. Startled by the gesture, I move back. Is this woman fucking crazy?

"Baby, are you okay? Look at you, no glasses!" She asks me and I furrow my eyebrows. Who the hell is she talking to? I hardly know her! On the other hand, Caroline raises her eyebrows as Lucy wraps her arms around me. I give Caroline a pleading look, but she turns away.

"Look, I hardly know you, get the hell off of me." I say, pushing Lucy away and she has hurt in her eyes.

"Don't say that, Marcel, you know me! Remember me, Lucy? Your wife? But how are you here? You went off three years ago!" She says, shaking her head, clearly paranoid. Now I'm beyond confused, and my heart does a little leap. Marcel, as in...my brother?

_______________________

C A R O L I N E

Okay, now this hurts. Could Harry possibly be cheating on me? I surely didn't expect Lucy to be all over him like this... Does he know her from before?

My heart is crumbling to a million itty bitty pieces as I watch Harry look at me pathetically, while Lucy is hugging him.
But then, he shoves her away...probably for show. "Look, I hardly know you, get the hell off of me."