• S I X T Y - T W O •

A/N: Six chapters left...oh god. Sorry for the late update because I'm doing some major editing for the Wattys this year!! Yes, I entered Abducted by Styles for the Wattys 2015!!! Please share this story with others so that I can possibly take home an award! Thank you so much and happy reading:) x M.

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: CHEERLEADER by OMI (Catchy tune heheh)

***********
H A R R Y

"Okay guys, which movie do you want to watch?" Lucy asks us, holding up a stack of DVDs as she kneels in front of the DVD player. Louis, Lucy, Niall, Caroline and I have decided that we need to loosen up from the world right now and just enjoy ourselves. Lucy's mum has taken Darcy out to spend some quality time with her.

"Ooh, Jurassic Park!" Niall says, rubbing his hands together as he plops down onto the couch. The couch dips beneath us due to his weight.

"Ew no, do you have Grease?" Louis suggests and Niall scoffs.

"What's up with you and Grease?" I chuckle, rubbing my chin as I wraps my arm around Caroline's shoulder.

"Eleanor is in love with that movie...And I'm in love with Eleanor." Louis adds, triggering Niall, Lucy and Caroline to glance at each other and let out a stretched out 'awwwww'.

"Hey, speaking of Eleanor, how is she mate?" I inquire and Louis smiles as he scuffles his feet.

"I proposed to her, the wedding's in a month." We all congratulate him happily. "And our little Tommo is soon to arrive into the big world." He chortles. "Mumma is getting pretty cranky." I nod like I know what he's talking about because he's awfully giddy about it.

Louis continues. "You know, sometimes I lay awake at night thinking about the little fingers that will hold onto my thumb. I want to show my kid that I will be here for them and that they can count on me. I mean, the whole thing is scary and all but parenthood is the next step, if you know what I mean." I don't feel Caroline in my arms anymore as she launches off the couch.

"I'm...going to use the bathroom." The shakiness in her voice speaks otherwise when she avoids eye contact and speeds off. After a short period of time, I get off the couch as well.

"Did I do or say something wrong?" Louis peeps out almost guiltily but I shake my head. Lucy furrows her eyebrows a bit puzzled and Niall has a similar reaction.

"Wait, I'll be back." I tell them and make my way to the guest bedroom as fast as I can. From other side of the bathroom door, I can hear soft, muffled sobs. I swallow down on the lump in my throat, hesitantly knocking on the door.

"Come out, baby, I know you're in there." I coax quietly, resting my palm on the door. My eyes trail down to the knob and I turn it. The door is unlocked. I see Caroline standing near the sink with her hand pressed against her mouth to suppress her cries.

Wrapping my arms around her, I let her cry into my chest. My right hand absentmindedly strokes her hair as I witness the broken state she is in. "Tell me what's wrong, Care." Immediately, she looks up at me with teary eyes and wipes her nose with her sleeve.

"What do you think our baby would have been like, Harry? Would she or he have been like mum or dad?" The sadness in her voice is overwhelming and I suddenly come to realize that this all started with the topic of Eleanor's and Louis' kid.

"I don't know." I say, looking away. Hiccups leave Caroline's mouth as she takes my hand and places it on her stomach.

"How does it feel like to carry a tiny being made of love and promises?" She asks me and my lips tremble. "How would it feel like to lay awake everyday- watching that perfect being that we created, sleep in peace?" I can feel tears burning in my eyes as I think about what she says. She slowly slips onto her knees.