• F I F T Y - S I X •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: THE A TEAM by ED SHEERAN (yes yes I know this song is about crack, lmao. I just really like it)

**********
H A R R Y

Nightfall is yet to be approached in the city of Amsterdam. Sitting in a corner in the darkness has restricted me from seeing the beauty of the night, but I have found a way to simply feel it. It's just a blood chilling feeling deep inside my bones...

It's time to get out of this place.

My body is sprawled out on the cool ground, trying to relax myself. I guess I got used to the unpleasant feel of the stone pressing against the back of my skull for nearly four weeks. My eyes bore into the low ceiling; there's nothing much to see- only dust balls and fucking cobwebs and the cracked, grey stone crumbles.

Staring up at the ceiling with a blank mind, a mild thought seeps through my head as my eyelids slowly fall upon my eyes, causing my whole world to go black.

Don't worry, Caroline, I'm coming to find you soon.

•~•

There is a silent, swift knock at the door. To be exact, it sounds like some cheesy 'rata-tat-tat' sound effect. My eyes snap open tiredly as I prop myself on my elbow, squinting at the sound.

Who the fuck knocks on a door to a locked room? If I had the chance to open it, I would have escaped ages ago.

Nevertheless, I stumble to my feet, standing in front of the closed door and grazing the rusty wood with my cold fingers. The sound of the unlocking from the other side is barely audible, but I could hear it.

"Harry!" An accented female voice hisses silently as her head peeps out the crack of the door. To my relief, it is Lucille. She has a faux fur cloak over her body and the hood is scooped snugly over her head. The lit lantern that she is holding is lifted to my eye level, so now I can see her illuminating, wild blue eyes through the dark.

"Oh thank god it's you. Why are you here?" I ask quietly, rubbing the sleep out of my eye. Lucille grabs my hand fast and locks gaze with my eyes.

"I'm busting you out of here." I can't help but chuckle a little while she looks at me so seriously.

"Harry," She whines slightly, her thin eyebrows furrowing as I'm laughing at her.

"Sorry." I blink at her, smiling lopsidedly. "I can't help but think about your speed in such things." Lucille seems flustered by my compliment- as seen by the way her cheeks flush pink a little.

"T-thanks." She stutters, before snapping back to reality. Tugging at my arm, she motions for me to follow her. "We have to be quiet." I nod at her words, showing her that I'm listening.

We're now walking in the direction of the lights, moving past the empty cells and up the stairs mutely. When we reach the top, Lucille snaps her head both ways and jumps back behind the broad wall as she breathes heavily. She shoves me back as well.

"The guards are here." She breaths out and tucks a loose strand of hair behind her ear. My chest rises and lowers as my breathing quickens. I retract myself from off the wall and continue to walk quietly, making sure not to catch the attention of the guards.

"Harry, what are you doing?" Lucille whisper-yells as she pulls my arm back harshly.

"They'll only know we're here if we don't move from this spot. C'mon." I hold her hand that isn't in possession of the lamp and the both of us creep away in another direction. It contains a narrow, dark passageway that gives me an eery sense but we decide to travel down it anyway.