• S E V E N •

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER- THROUGH THE DARK (Because most of the lyrics are practically Harry's commitments)

***********
H A R R Y

The next morning, I am up early. Even if I only had four hours of sleep, for some reason I am satisfied. Usually I'm in bed for half the day back at the castle, and the only reason I ever get out of bed is because I can't handle being awaken by Mother Queen's scoldings.

I get dressed in the guard's change room which is currently unoccupied. After finding my black and white plaid shirt, I toss it on along with dark skinny jeans. It takes me a good five minutes before deciding that my skull bandana matches my clothing better than my black fedora today. I take pride in what I wear, I just don't throw on any random thing. Maybe that's one of the reasons the ladies are attracted to me...

The door creaks open and someone lazily walks into the change room, red headphones over his ears. I hear him hum a tune softly, his eyes closed and head moving to the beat of the song. The music is even too loud from afar.

Tousled, yet sleek chestnut hair, toned, tattooed skin. I've seen him around here before. He opens his eyes and looks straight at me. It's Louis Tomlinson, a guard at the grand foyer of the castle. We met yesterday when he asked me if I wanted to go out for lunch with him. I think he's a really good lad with an insanely great sense of humour. Oh, and his sass is almost unbearable.

"Hey, Harry. How's it going so far?" He asks me, yawning and pulling off his headphones.

I sigh. "I almost lost the princess yesterday."

"Wait, what?"

"It's all good now though. She came back." I carefully pick up the fabric of my bandana and tie it around my head.

"How the hell are you so chill?" Louis chuckles softly, "You almost lost the most infamous princess of England, Princess Caroline Ann Weston of the Courageous, and you're all like, "It's all good." He imitates my voice at the last part, making it slow, deep and draggy. I roll my eyes. Sassy ass.

"You're suppose to know where she is, be with her all the time..." Louis says, and a sudden cheesy smirk spreads across his face.

"What?" I ask in a barely audible voice.

"Who knows, maybe you'll catch feelings for her. She's a pretty girl, ya know." Louis says. I might lust her like everyone else, but love? Hell no.

"I don't date, it's not my thing." I glance down at my watch. It's almost seven am. "Anyways..see you later. My shift should be starting soon."

I swing the door open and look back at Louis. He gives me a little wave whilst putting down his phone and I return the goodbye.

"And Styles?" I hear him call out to me so I turn my head to be met with his grin. "I'll never, ever, drop this subject."

------

C A R O L I N E

"Caroline...Princess...wakey wakey." A deep raspy voice cooes above me in my sleep. I enjoy the warmth of the sheets laying overtop of me, lazily pulling them over the top of my head.

The voice sighs. I hear slow footsteps get softer, then the sudden sound of the curtains being yanked open. The sunlight seeps through my eyelids causing my closed vision to be a glowing scarlet. Too tired to open my eyes, I let out a groan. "Close the curtains, it's too bright."