b i r t h d a y / g i r l / 3

Start from the beginning

"What you need help with?"

"I have the shirt and pants picked out. I need help with the rest." He looked on the bed and saw what I had picked out. After thinking for a minute, he gave Trell to me and started picking things out. He came out with a pair of All Star Converse Hi, with that red stripe. And a plaid hoodie.

I looked at the hoodie, confused. "Around your hips" He clarified for me.

"Ooh! That makes sense" He rolled his eyes and took Trell back, going downstairs.

After I got dressed and shit, I grabbed my phone. I had glanced over at Darnell's side, realizing his phone screen, was lighting up. I was about to yell and tell him his phone was up here, until I saw "Del'Monte".

I furrowed my eyebrows, and opened his phone. Lord, please tell me he's not messing around. Please.

I opened their conversation and started from the beginning. They were talking about Trell. I released a sigh of relief, until I saw her send something about missing him. How does she miss him? All they had was one night. As what I know from what Darnell told me.

To: Darnell

From: Del'Monte

-You know you miss what we had. I loved you, and you loved me. Even when you kept lying to me, saying that you were going to break up with her, I still loved you. I know you love and still have feelings for me. I want us to be a family. You, Trell and I.

To: Del'Monte

From: Darnell

-I miss what we had too. But I'm Mya. I already told her a whole bunch of lies. I love her, and I love you too. If you didn't leave the state, then I would've broke up with her. Then yeah, we could've been a family.

To: Darnell

From: Del'Monte

-What can I do for us to be family?

He didn't respond, because she just sent that. Oh I see. This little fucker, been playing me this whole time. I'm raising his damn child, and he love that bitch. She left her child at he fucking front door. Anyone could've taken that damn child.

She is heartless, who doesn't give a fuck abo-

My thoughts were interrupted when Darnell walked in the room with Trell sitting on his neck. My eyes were glossy. He looked at me, and his face softened when he saw my eyes.

"What's wrong baby?" I said nothing. He looked in my hands, and saw his phone. His eyes widened a little. I put my head down and started to laugh with a little sob included. I put his phone back down and picked mines up, stuffing it in my bra. I reached out for Trell and he leaned towards, to come in my arms

"Your daddy is a dumb nigga" I said in a cheery voice, giving Darnell a side glare. Grabbing Trell's carrier, I grabbed the keys and started out the door.

"Hurry up before you get left" I yelled to Darnell. I left him in the bedroom, with a stupid look on his face. Trell and I were already settled into the car, when Darnell came out the house.

"You driving?" He came up to my window, that was rolled down. I looked at him with a blank look. Obviously I'm fucking driving if I'm in the damn front seat. Fucking dumb ass.

When we arrived to Lucas' house, I was about to hop out when Darnell grabbed my arm. Since I was facing the other way, I rolled my eyes hard as fuck. Giving me a mini headache.

"Let me explain"

I looked at him. Long and hard. "Nigga please". I yanked my arm away from him and continued getting out of the car. I grabbed Trell, and put his blanket over him. It was starting to sprinkle a little, so I rushed over to his front porch. I looked back at the car, and realized that Darnell was still in there.