Nebuya Eikichi: A Promise

A/M: well, I haven't written any soldier AU, right? Hehehe

Dedicated to ThatNoobMcCormick

---

Eikichi Nebuya: A Promise

She is an idiot because she never...never...let me say back that I love her too...so much..."

You are Commander (Your Name) serving the army.

Eikichi is your right hand man ever since you two started at the same time.

You never knew each other before entering the military. He was scary as he was buff. You are scary as you are really strict, but one of the best.

---

"Ok! You little shitheads! For the mornings exercise, after 5 laps around the field, you are to do routine 5. I don't wanted any slackers-"

"Commander! Urgent message from the commander-in-chief! The country is under attack! National red alert and every capable men are ordered to be sent on the field!"

Everyone in your platoon, the most elite military platoon of the government, gasped. No one expected this.

Sure, sooner or later, war could stir up, but no one expected it to come so soon.

"Commander (Your Name) you are to lead the air-force and Assistant Commander Eikichi, the Army, this an order and the move to order is now!"

"Hai!" You saluted at the message carrier as you barked orders to your officers. Your platoon was formed for these kind of situations. Quickly and carefully assessing the reports given.

"Ang lastly, group F! You're assigned to base of Hokkaido! Everyone, my platoon that I am most proud, I bet everything the country has for with you, you're dismissed!"

"Hai!" And they all finally scattered.

Letting out a long and heavy sigh, you again scanned the report. "Shit. Shit. Shit."

"(Your Name)!"

"Nebuya? Why are you still here? You're assigned at Osaka, right?"

"Yeah. (Your Name), we'll survive, right?"

"God Nebuya." You punched him in the chest. "We fought wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and all and you'll give me that shit? Of course I would survive! I should be the one asking you that question!"

"I know but..."

"But?" He looks like he's trying to say something.

"Nothing don't mind it. You'll be in Tokyo, right?"

"Yeah, gotta defend the city at all cost. Make sure to secure the coastal areas. I don't want any world war 2 shit to happen again." You jumped on him to give him a bro hug.

But you felt him wrap his arms around your hips, instead around the shoulders. "If you survive, I'll tell you something. So promise to survive. Ok?"

He let you back down to the ground. "Owhoooo never knew you are the type to keep secrets like a teenage boy. But whatever, I'll hold onto that. Well, I'll be off. You too!"

---

3 months of war and its finally coming to an end.

Receiving casualties, Japan still managed to survive with the help of your brilliant strategic plans. They praise you when all you just did is not to repeat the mistakes done on the previous world wars.

And it might add that the enemy just practically used the same method.

And it has also been 3 months since you've last talked to Nebuya and your other men. Thankfully, no one from your special platoon have died so far.