At Arm's Length (Izuki Shun One-Shot)

A/N: In this one-shot, I would be using Teppei just so I could have a conflict with this story. Since I also love Teppei’s naiveness and Izuki being funny because he is not (do you get my point, LOL XD).

This Izuki One-Shot is a request of @ILoveKurokoNoBasuke. Hope the wait paid off and you find this satisfying according to your taste :) But it seems your account isn't available anymore....

Well without further ado, I present to you…..

At Arm’s Reach: Izuki Shun (One Shot)

What the heart longs for, is what makes a person happy.

And they found those they long for at each other.

Sometimes, the best things in life can’t be found.

Because we have our eyes set to something, which we tend to ignore what’s fated for us.

It’s been 10 years. Friggin 10 years you’ve been close friends since you two were both 6 years old. 10 friggin years you’ve put up with his lame puns slash jokes. 10 frggin years you’ve supported him in basketball. 10 friggin years you’ve been classmates. 10 friggin years you’ve been friends. 10 friggin years you’ve been there by his side.

I friggin Haruna Yuki, the ever loyal bestfriend…

10 f*cking years since you know to yourself that…

I love Izuki Shun. This messed owh so wrong in the head lame joker bestfriend of mine.

- Girly POV -

“Hey Haruna, can you please make that bestfriend of yours stop?”

The clutch captain of Seirin, Hyuga Junpei , who has now numerous tick marks on his temples asked me as he angrily point at Izuki, who’s now blabbering his famous puns non-stop the whole time we’re eating lunch at the basketball court.

“Nah, Hyuga-kun, just let the boy be, he’ll eventually stop when he gets tired.”

“But he’s been doing it for a whole hour!!!” Hollered the clutch captain as he desperately covered his ears.

You see, I am here at the basketball gym together with the Seirin players as their manager. And yes, I am bestfriend with the team’s amazing point guard, wielding this special eyes called Eagle eye. A second year and at the same section with Izuki. An average student who don’t go below the top 20 and has an inclination with sports obviously with basketball, but I do archery competitively.

Soon enough, Izuki’s ranting was stopped as Aida called everyone’s attention to go back to practice.

Owh I forgot to tell you why I can tolerate Izuki’s lame puns, actually I don’t really know how to start nor to explain. All I know is in my eyes and ears, he is one of the most humorous persons I’ve ever met. He isn’t that smart, nor talented except in basketball but he’s very motivated in whatever he do, that includes his puns and jokes.

(A/N: I am using the words “lame” and “puns” Lel idek pls forgive me XD)

“Neh neh, Yuki-chan, why the long face?” Teppei laid his big hands on my head and gently ruffled it. He’s currently exempted for practice since he needs to rest after the Kirisaki Daichi match. Owh and next week, we’ll have training at the mountains.

“Owh Teppei! Nothing, just thinking about nothing. How about you?” I said trying to avert the attention to him, but sometimes the airhead Teppei thinks and observes sensibly.