My Most Treasured: An Akashi Seijuro One-Shot (back story for She Taught Me How)

A/M: ummm... I wrote this while waiting for 4 hours in my dermatologist'a clinic to get my fucked up pimple-ed face. Guess what? My face being pricked hurts like hell!!!

Anyways, a reader kinda asked why Akashi was involved in my Takao one-shot so I thought of writing this. Hope it is "feels" enough XD

--------

KNB One-Shot: Akashi Seijuro (back story for She Taught Me How)

Kinda requested by @Aiyc1705

Seeing her around Takao Kazunari, who's apparently (Y/N)'s childhood friend and now, boyfriend. She was clearly happier now. Smile genuine and the giggles I long to be the reason to be uttered from her mouth.

Yes, I know it was too late. Too late realize that I've let such treasure out of my possession.

When I've heard her accident months ago, I was so worried that I didn't care about driving my own car even if I don't own a license for it yet.

I visit her everytime the man would momentarily leave (Y/N)'a side. Her parents and Shintaro knows about this atleast.

I sat there beside her unconscious self, holding her hand, making it touch my face. I badly miss her, and seeing her like this makes it worst.

I can touch her, but she can't feel my presence.

"(Y/N), this is an order, please survive." That is always my message whenever I leave her side, just to be replaced by Takao.

Then the news reached me that she's now awake. She was surprisingly ok, wounds, bruises, major wound on the back of her head and a swollen ankle.

But all in all, I was happy. But I wanted her to be really happy. To see her perform gymnastics once again, the first time I saw her do it for a school requirement, I immediately take interest on her. And as much as I hate to admit it, I gradually fell for her.

She was skeptically first, realizing what my family name is and my background as the "emperor captain". But then again, he treated me like an equal. Sure I was feared, but she didn't, just because of what she heard from others.

The relationship lasted for a year, and I was happy. To have company, smart enough to be my par and understand my whims.

But it did end after graduation in middle school.

After I and my other basketball team mates met and took our "oath", (Y/N) requested me to meet her personally. Only to tell me...

"Seijuuro, I'll be prank and honest with you. I am not good enough for you, I wanted to break up with you."

She said it, straight, and sharp, sounding as an urgent command. While I was there, staring blankly at her. Not realizing it, tears brimmed down my cheek.

I don't know what is this feeling, but my chest feels...weird. Like it is impaired by a dagger multiple times till I can't take it no more.

She walked closer to me, to encircle her arms around me, for one last time. "Seijuuro, thank you for putting up with me all this time. You're a great person and you deserve so much better."

No, it is you who deserves better, (Y/N).

The only time I met her again was during the Rakuzan's battle against Shutoku. We are walking through a hallway towards the gym, when we came across Shutoku, with (Y/N) supported by Takao, since her head is still bandaged around and her leg with a cast.

I was trying to keep myself together, but instead my body moved in its own accord and I hugged (Y/N) afraid that she'll break if I won't be careful enough.

"Please do gymnastics and play shogi with me again. One last thing... Please be finally genuinely happy. You deserve it."

With that, I guided her back to Takao, seeing that action of hopefully finally letting go of her and my one-sided affection.

"Take care of this one piece of treasure. If you don't I would snatch her back."

With that, I turned my head away from them.

Leaving my most treasured behind. To where she'll be the happiest. And I should be able to accept that.

~END~

A/N:

Sooooo... How was it? ;)

Pls be honest about your opinions.

And sorry if I haven't updated my stories that much. School stuff and stress, yeah. *cries some more*

August 8, 2014