Self-Portrait: Midorima x Reader (100th chapter special)

A/M: I said that I would do something special for my 100th chapter but still, end up with a one-shot. But of course, it is about Midorima because he is bae.

And was supposed to post this on my birthday on June 22, but I kinda overslept and woke up the next day XD

Note: the story is actually based on a FREE! Doujin. A MakoxHaru one. This is during world war 2 era or something.

I just love how cute and warm yet full of feels the plot of the Doujin is :)

This one-shot is my "birthday and 100th chapter special" two in one ;)

Anyways, enjoy! :)

---

Self-Portrait: Midorima x Reader.

"Shintarō, are you drawing Sakura trees again?" You sat beside him.

"Yes. I like even how strong the sea breeze is, they are still strong and in-tact."

"Neh Shintaro, can you draw your self-portrait for me?"

He finished the final touches of his draw. "You know better than anyone else that I only draw the nature or whatever I want." He was taken back actually, like, what would his girl Bestfriend do with his self-portrait?

"Geez! Relax, will you? Anyways, I'll be leaving tomorrow." You stand up dusted your clothes. "I am recruited to fight alongside the country's allies."

Shintaro was taken back. He never wanted this point to become a reality. Sure, being a second lieutenant of the marines, you'll wind up getting assigned to the battlefield. "I hate soldiers."

He hates soldiers. He hates that they would promise to "return" yet, most of the time, breaks their promise. Was it even a promise? He thinks it was just a mere statement to create false hopes.

"I know you do, Shintaro. I just wanted to tell you about it first. My departure would be next week."

"You're placed on the front lines, aren't you?"

"You could say that?"

"Tsk, why are you so happy?"

You walked towards him and picked up the tiny Sakura petal on top of his head. "I don't know why I feel okay with all these. But maybe it is a soldier's duty. To fight for freedom, until our existence is no longer needed. You know, you should accept the patrons hiring you to draw for them."

"Tsk, I don't need them to tell me what to draw. I draw what I want to draw."

"Well, your craft makes people happy, and remember memories. That is more than enough, right?"

---

It was the day of your departure, at the port, your family are giving you their goodbyes. When-

"Wait up (Your Name)!" There was Shintaro running at full speed towards you.

"Shinta-waaa!!!" He basically tackled you for a tight hug. So tight you felt that it might mean he doesn't want you to go.

"I can't make you stay now, right?" He pulled away from the hug and looks down at you.

Shaking your head left to right, you smiled slightly at him. "A soldier's duty."

"W-Well, here's what you're asking from me." He pushed a rolled up paper on your face. "B-but it's not like I made an effort doing that, n-nanodayo!"

Rolling the paper down..."What's this...oh..." You are astonished to see a self-portrait of Shintaro.

"Don't get that burned, dirtied or even damp! It's a special commission I made and-"

"I'll come back." This time you are the one who hugged him. "I promise."