If Love Had a Remote Control: Midorima x Reader (Kuroko no Hugot Series)

A/N:

So...third installment for the HUGOT SERIES!

Presenting my husband Midorima Shintarou!!!

I experimented around the case of breakup beisde of possible LDR (long distance relationship) loooool.

Enjoy! :)

Dedicated to: GraceAkane

----

If Love Had a Remote Control: Midorima x Reader (Kuroko no Hugot Series)

If love had a remote control, I'll play our story, again and again.

It was clear as daylight that you and him are over your love.

Are you?

And his life was dim as a moonless night and is clueless as to how to start over again.

All that he wish for at this moment is that a certain kind of remote control exists. Kinda not like a Midorima, huh?

At a distance, he watch you laughing with your friends. It seems that after not taking the break-up lightly, you are now over it.

"It's your future, who am I to be an obstruction?" Your words echoed in his mind.

Was it worth it to cut a good relationship only because he doesn't want to risk loosing the commitment over the distance?

America's pretty far to study pre-med and med. It's would be 8 years in all and he wasn't so sure he could make things work.

You said you could wait for him. But he doesn't want you to hang on a loose thread of hope.

In the middle of him, looking at you, you caught him doing so.

Smiling lightly at him, you did a quick wave, acknowledging him. That took him by surprise.

He never expected you to...take everything with just little heartbreak?

You continued taking pictures with everyone. It's graduation day, you won't know when you'll be able to see everyone, right?

Midorima is looking for something in his pocket when you decided to approach him. "Midorima-kun!" And effectively surprised him.

"Gah! (First name), Ah I mean (last name)!"

"Hehehe sorry, did I scare you? Anyways, my gift to you!"

"T-thank you- a omamori?" Flipping the moss green charm, embroided on the other side is the kanji for "memories".

"Hai! I just thought it might be a good gift, hmm? So you could some Asian vibes in the good ol America."

"Souka..." Truth is that he also has a gift for you. "I also wants to give so something."

"Hmmm" you reached out your hands as he quickly placed three objects above your hands.

A remote, a (favorite color) omamori with the Kanji "gratitude", and a clean white envelope which you assume contains a letter.

"That's a lot. Thank you very much though." You smiled lightly at his thoughtful gesture. You know the remote control is your lucky item and he actually still cares for you. As a friend.

Or so you thought.

"Are? I guess a lowerclassmen already grabbed your second button?" You pointed at his open black uniform top.

"No, I just gave it to someone else."

"Aweeee lucky, I bet it is girl, no? Hehehe."

He immediately blushed. "S-shut up, nodayo." How can you still be jolly around him confuses him. It was normal to act bitter around someone that did something bad to you, right? "Well, you seem to have yours grabbed by someone else as well?"