39 ~

The next summer, we all decided to do some sort of a meeting and spend the entire day in town with just everyone except our children. Daniel, Woody, Chrissy, Will, Awuoi (Will's wife), Kyle, Janna... Everyone. We firstly did a picnic next to a river and talked about how life was going, how our children grew up far too quickly and a lot of meaningless subjects. In the afternoon, we opted to go to the cinema and watch a cheesy movie but that we all enjoyed a lot even if I, and probably everyone else, didn't watch the entire movie. We got yelled at by some people for talking or laughing too loud, which wasn't enough to make us stop. 

When the session was over we decided to just sit in a park and talk about the old times. Kyle was the one talking the most and also the one who started this conversation. "Do you all remember when Will once forgot to pick me up from some hotel? I didn't have any money on me and had to walk the whole night until I got home. And when I got there, I found him casually sitting in my sofa watching the television." he laughed but Will was the one laughing the most, remembering everything. That happened a long time ago and Will felt extremely guilty for forgetting him. Even though I always wondered why he was staying at Kyle's; I decided not to bring it up. And this is how we spent the following hours, laughing and remembering some events without talking about the upsetting ones. It felt right to be here with all of them. I felt like being part of a family where we all understood each others. This was the life I had always dreamt of. A simple although not boring one.

After this, we went to a restaurant and spent an amazing soiree, drinking wine and eating delicious meals. Daniel didn't stop looking at me the whole night and I knew he had something behind his mind, causing me to feel a little nervous. The diner over, we all reluctantly said our goodbyes and they drove away except for Daniel and I. We just stood silently in front of the car in the dark. I sighed "Today was amazing." I said and he nodded, smiling. I waited a little bit for him to talk but he remained silent. "What's happening to you?" I asked and his grin grew wider. "I want to take you somewhere." he told me. I didn't ask anything and just let him guide me. We approached a small barrier and he told me to jump over it, which I did. He took my hand and walked until he had reached his final destination. "You have to be joking." I said, out of breathe. From where he had took me, we could see the entire city which looked amazingly beautiful in the night. Luckily, tonight wasn't that cloudy which allowed us to see the moon right on top of us.