27 ~

Almost a year had passed since Elodie was born, and almost four months since Daniel had started to 'run away from responsibilities'. Although, I tried my best to stay positive and believe my father's words. But nothing really changed and I slowly started to doubt about him, I was afraid that he was no longer in love with me but still stayed because of the children. Especially after a certain diner where we had an argument. I know I said I was going to support him if he choose to build Bastille up again, but he was taking it too far and didn't seem to be aware of it.

"The kids need you." I said calmly to Daniel in front of everyone in the middle of the diner.

"What's wrong?" He questioned as if he was oblivious of the current situation he put us through.

I felt myself grow angry at him for acting this way. "You know exactly what's wrong." I unintentionally snapped. Daniel did nothing but shake his head. I sat back in my seat, annoyed. "Daniel!" I raise my voice causing the children to jump at the same time as him. "Do you not realize? You never have time for us, your family. All you care about are your band mates who also are my friends, I know but Daniel, is work all that matters to you? I am completely okay with the fact that you want to be in a band again! But no, I am not okay with the fact that you are forgetting your family."

Everyone had stopped eating and the room was filled with a dead silence; except for Elodie who started to cry because of my yelling. I sighed and took her in her bedroom after saying I was coming back. I calmed her down and placed her in her bed. "I'm sorry for shouting, sweet heart. I just want you to grow up with a father by your side unlike your brother and sister." I whispered to her before going back downstairs.

I sat down and waited for Daniel to speak but he stayed silent. "So?" I asked firmly.

"So what? What do you want me to say? I've spent years in the army and I can't live my own life, now?! I want to live what I couldn't live, my dream!" He almost shouted the last part. He was making me feel guilty for being selfish but I knew I wasn't the one who had to be yelled at, I had done nothing wrong.

"Daniel, I never said I didn't want you to achieve your dreams. Look, you're never here and it's not good for the children, neither for the both of us. How did you expect me to react to your absences?" He looked away and I sighed "Exactly. Daniel... I'm not sure anymore if you still want to be here, to be a father and a husband."

"How can you think this?" He acted angry again but I wasn't going to let him think he could 'win' this.

"Because I just said it! You are never here! I cannot believe that you still love me, that you still love your family when you're away most of the time with your band mates!" As I said this, I spotted Mia slowly trying to leave the room. "Mia. Stay here, it's important." I ordered and she quickly came back in her seat.

"You don't understand." Simply replied Daniel before standing up.

"Don't you leave now." I threatened but with no use because a few seconds later, he was gone outside. I sighed deeply and rested my head in my hands.

"Mum?" I heard Dan asking "Are you and dad going to divorce?" His voice cracked.

I couldn't answer neither hold my tears back from falling. I had no intention of divorcing and it wouldn't fix anything up anyway. No, what we needed was time and maybe some time away to let him think about everything. If Daniel thought we 'needed to divorce' then so be it