31 ~

With this, Daniel and I took the car and drove to my dads. I felt extremely scared and Daniel tried his best to keep me calm by telling me that my father wouldn't do anything to her. I tried to believe him but knowing my father, I wasn't very sure about it. We eventually arrived and parked just in front of the house. I rushed myself to the front door and tried to open; locked. I rang the door bell numberless of times but got no answers. Daniel joined and stood right behind me. I started banging the door as well, but still nothing. "Dad, open the door I beg you!" I screamed. The house was completely silent. A scary thought crossed my mind, and I went to check into the garage only to see that his car was gone.

"Daniel, he left!" I yelled, horrified. "Why did he take her...? I knew, I felt it. I shouldn't have let you alone with her, it's my fault, it's all my fault." I spoke and Daniel took me into his arms, reassuring me once more by telling me none of this was my fault and that he would probably come back with her. I wanted to believe him, but couldn't. "Scarlett? Do you think we have to call the police..?" he hesitantly proposed. I thought a little. "Yes." I replied, feeling like I was going to regret it afterwards. But this had to be done. He kidnapped my daughter! 

We came back home and Daniel called the police while I was trying to calm Dan and Mia down. "It's nothing," I said "Your granddad took your sister to... To make.. to make her visit the town." I finished, sounding unsure. 

"Mum... You can tell us." Mia told me. I sighed deeply "He took her without permission, that's all." I said and went to check on Daniel who was still on the phone. He hung up and turned around to face me. "They're going to do their best to find him." he explained and we hugged.

"I can't spend one whole day without her." 

"Me neither... They're going to find him, don't worry." 

"I hope so."

_

A day passed, then another one. Still nothing. I cried all the time, wanting her back close to me. Despite all the things that Daniel did to cheer me up, I was inconsolable. 'Life hates me' I kept thinking. Whenever I was happy, something terrible had to happen. I couldn't stay happy, could I?! I stayed in the bedroom the whole time, not going downstairs when it was time to eat, I didn't even cook anymore. I guess the tears weakened me. 

We spent a whole month without any news. The police had nothing. And all I did was hope that somehow, they would find her, at last. Without her, I began to lose a part of my mind. I wasn't myself anymore. I couldn't think straight, I sometimes found it hard to recognize myself or even Daniel. Who knew this would happen ?