7 ~

We got up, hand in hand and walked together to our house. Our smiles never left us during the whole walk and our hands stayed in each others. I was excited, it was so surreal. We were finally one again and I would've done anything to fight for it.

I unlocked the door and took a step in. I turned to see Daniel hesitate in front of the door. He observed the inside of the house. "Nothing has changed." he muttered quietly, smiling. I took his hand and invited him to enter. He followed me and a sigh of relief came out of his mouth. "I'm home." he affirmed, trying to contain his excitement in his voice. We heard small voices coming from the kitchen and Daniel froze. Tears, of happiness, started to grow inside of his eyes and he didn't try to hold them back. I told him to wait here as I made my way to the kitchen. Mia and Dan were playing with their toys and they looked adorable. They saw me coming. "Mummy! Where were you ?" Dan asked, running towards me to hug me. I stroke his small head "I have someone to introduce you. You too Mia." they looked at me with puzzled expressions. "Who?" Mia asked from the back of the kitchen. I smiled "Just follow me." I simply said, leaving them the surprise.

I joined Daniel who was standing at the same place he stopped a minute ago. He looked a bit frightened and I fully understood. I heard their steps behind me but didn't remove my eyes from Daniel's. His expression rapidly turned from shock to joy. He covered his mouth with his hand to chock back a sob. Seeing him this emotional made me strangely feel content. I was happy to see that he cared this much for his children.

Mia and Dan looked at him weirdly and exchanged questioning looks. They didn't recognise him even if they briefly saw him on the pictures he had sent.

"Mia... Dan." I started and took a deep breathe. "This is Daniel. Your father."

Their jaws dropped. Daniel was smiling and rubbing his cheeks that were drowning in tears.

"Dad?" Mia asked. Daniel nodded and Mia looked at me as if she was waiting my approval to approach him. I mumbled a yes and she walked towards him. When she was close enough, he wrapped her around his arms and Dan ran at his turn to join the embrace. Daniel was squeezing them both with his long arms and his imposing figure. "Mum told us you were dead." Dan said between tears.

"I'm not, I'm here. I will tell you everything." Daniel replied. "But she was right about something. You really look like me."