26 ~

Everyday I saw Daniel run outside with the boys to come back late in the afternoon. I wasn't sure how to react to it neither how to feel about it. He needed to work, I understood it perfectly but he also needed to take care of his family and he seemed to forget his father's duties these days since the little talk we had about him going back into the music business. That was why I wasn't convinced on if it was a good idea or not. 

Something told me I had to let him be while another part of myself wanted to talk to him about my concerns. But since I didn't want to put any pressure on him, I picked the first option and decided to let things slowly get together. 

~

Today was a nice day and I took this opportunity to visit my father, accompanied by Dan, Mia and Elodie. - Obviously, Daniel had disappeared earlier in the morning with all his three accomplices into the wild city that was London. - I knocked at my father's door and he opened to me, greeting us all with hugs and loving kisses. He had changed but I supposed that telling him wasn't the right thing to do. He used to be sort of rough and showing love to us was never his thing until we lost mum. Maybe had he realized how much family counts? That he should make the most of it? If so, I could only feel proud of him. The good thing was that the children adored their "new grandpa"; like they told me. The word 'new' hurt me a little. They were talking about the man who helped my mother to raise me, and even though he never was the perfect father, I still loved him - a thing I rarely had the chance to say to him.

I sat in the living room with Elodie on my lap while her brother and sister were helping my dad in the kitchen to prepare tonight's diner. Elodie was growing up so fast, I realized as I thought how the time flew also very quickly.

Everyone came back into the living room and I wasn't alone with Elodie anymore. The ambience was joyful, at least that's what I felt. I loved visiting my father with the children and they seemed to love it as well which warmed my heart up. We ate after spending the whole afternoon talking and my father mentioned Daniel's absence :

"I don't see him very often, these days... Is he alright?"

I was glad he was at least interested a bit in Daniel and his health. "Yes, he's fine, thank you for asking. But... He's been a bit off, lately. I don't know how to explain it, it's like he's too concerned about his work. He disappears all days with his band mates and only comes back at diner time." I sighed sightly.

My dad thought deeply as he was staring at his now empty glass of water. "I think you should give him time. It's normal for a man of his age to sometimes be afraid of home responsibilities and avoid them. He'll be back to normal soon, don't worry."

I smiled at his reassuring words and hoped everything that came out of his lips was true. That Daniels behaviour would only be temporary.