Chapter 121 - Only a Few Days

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"

"……..It's only been a few days." Tom scowled as he tried to imagine why his daughter's figure had changed so much in such a brief amount of time.

"And you're only one man, yet look how much you've accomplished in your lifetime, Dad." Mae smiled, "Tell me, how did a poor, underprivileged, fatherless boy become the temporary leader of Britain's magical world?"

"Through perseverance." Tom scowled.

"No, through Dark Magic." Mae corrected him, "Don't be so jealous, Father. It's no fault of yours that I know how to wield it better. I was born to, you see, I was born to rule. As this world and my plans for it progress," Mae sighed as she raised her afflicted hand, crooked her fingers and snatched Tom's wand from his grasp, "I have no doubt at all you will learn very quickly how to take your place amongst the shadows."

Tom cried out as his wand flew across the room to land in Mae's grasp.

"NO!" He shouted as he lurched forward the second she let it drop to the floor before her foot found it.

As Tom dove to stop her, she pressed her weight down and snapped through the delicate ash wood with a firm, resounding crack.

"That's better, Daddy." Mae smiled as she looked down at Tom while he scowled up at her from his landing place on the floor.

"Just think!" Mae grinned, "You haven't even seen the greatest bit of my plan yet. It's been difficult holding this leaf in my mouth the last month, but I've finally done it. I really have!"

As Tom scrambled to understand what exactly that meant as he watched his daughter's body start to darken and wrong itself out of shape, his eyes widened.

To his horror, her long fingernails were replaced by real claws.

The parts of her arms and legs were visible had the smooth skin stripped away as layer by layer, heavy, black scales appeared.

Her face was scrubbed away for a moment until a snout and two glowing, green eyes with serpentine, black slits took the place of her usual features as her height began to extend.

Tom shouted in angry frustration as Mae's growing form eventually burst through the castle's stone ceiling, leaving rocks and debris raining down in its wake.

As Tom ducked and dodged out of the way of the falling, crumbling stones that threatened to crush him flat on their way down, he secured his safety at last by shouting the protective charm's incantation at the top of his lungs.

Mae could care less about her father's fate.

Unrecognizable and no longer human as her monstrous, Animagus form finally emerged, the dragons in the distance lowered their own soaring heights as their impossibly large comrade raised her impressive snout and let out a wild, searing screech.

From her inky, black scales to the glowing, serpentine eyes set so deep in her skull, each of her limbs was larger and longer than a hundred year old oak tree.

The dragons had gained a new friend.

Mae had given up her last bit of humanity, a cost she found small on her quest for power.

â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"â€"

"I've made a mistake." Merope fretted as she nervously wring her hands while she paced up and down the room she shared with her husband.