Chapter 5 - Harriet's Hero

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

The treatment that Tom Riddle had witnessed Harriet receive at the hands of the Dursleys enraged him.

He could have easily blasted into Number Four, Privet Drive to remedy the situation by using his own talents and Dobby's help.

At twelve years old, Tom had already learned curses that could have burned a house down or peeled someone's skin off, but he resisted the urge to try them.

Tom Riddle was no idiot.

He was well aware that underage magic would get him expelled from Hogwarts.

He needed to stay in school to ensure that he would be near Harriet.

Besides, the bitter truth was that Merope could barely afford to feed him and herself.

As much as he wanted Harriet to come and live with them, he understood why that couldn't happen......yet.

Regardless, Tom remained determined to free his darling from her prison.

In hopes of securing assistance, he ordered Dobby to use his memories as a guide once again.

A short while later, they landed beside a tall, rickety building that sat close to a lake.

Together, in the warm, summer night, Tom and Dobby walked towards the Burrow.

Tom hadn't gone to the Malfoys for further aid, although he was certain they could have rescued Harriet, because he knew that she wouldn't want to stay with Draco, her worst enemy.

Harriet would want to stay with her.....friend, Ron.... as much as that truth irked him.

Tom raised his hand and knocked on the front door while Dobby stood obediently next to him.

He hadn't wasted his time going to Hermione's house.

Tom had learned the Granger girl's parents were both muggles, what could they have possibly done to help?

As the door to the Burrow swung open, Tom and Dobby found themselves staring at Ron.

Tom couldn't hide the scowl of hatred that crept across his pale face as he looked at the boy he so envied.

How many hours did Ronald Weasley spend with Harriet Potter every week during the school year?

.....Hours in her company that Tom badly longed to experience?

The colour drained from Ron's face as he gaped at his unexpected visitor, but Tom spoke flatly, "Good evening.....I'm here to see your father.....He works for the Ministry, doesn't he?"

Ron lost his words for a moment.

As he swallowed his frightened shock, he nodded his head.

"......May I come in?" Tom asked.

Ron nodded again and stepped to the side.

Most of Hogwarts' students were already at least a bit wary of Tom Riddle, the odd first year who was intimidating, strange, and already alarmingly talented at the Dark Arts.

Ron was completely terrified though as he watched the boy he feared most walk right into his house.

—————————————————————

Ron tried not to tremble as he led Tom Riddle towards the dining room, where his father, Arthur Weasley, sat chatting with Fred and George, his twin brothers.