Chapter 115 - Good vs Evil

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

James bent his knees and squared his shoulders as he prepared to strike.

Mae opened her affected hand's fingers to let a glowing, green orb gather there, a ball of hateful, Dark Magic ready to strike.

With the sword gripped in his left palm, James snaked his right hand into the bag around his waist, eager to deploy his weapon of first choice against its certain target.

Mae followed the motion with her eyes, unable to ignore how close the bag was to the center of her brother's groin.

"What are you doing, brother?" She hissed.

James stayed silent as he lifted one of those loaded, bronze bombs.

"Do you think that will help you, brother?" Mae asked with a laugh.

"This only targets darkness." James explained as he tended his arm, "......And you're made of it, sister......Darkness."

Mae opened her mouth to respond, but James had no interest in hearing whatever filth would fall from her lips.

With a great cry, he hurled the orb forward, straight towards Mae, determined to wipe her from the face of the earth.

It was as if James had forgotten who it was he faced, lost as he had become in his own rage.

Mae merely waved her affected hand and shorted the magical fuse inside that bronze bomb, leaving it an empty, useless hunk of metal in her darling brother's hand.

As the orb let out a single puff of blue smoke, he snarled in frustration and dropped it to focus the entirety of his grip on his sword.

"Come on, then, brother." Mae whispered as she opened her arms to him, "You and I are parts of the same whole, destined to be together.......Accept my embrace at last and find your own state of bliss.......When you finally belong to me, the pain of this world will be gone at last, no more weeping, no more suffering. I can make you into the man you deserve to be, the man you could never have become with her."

There was a hiss in that last sentence that incited James's fury on a primal level.

With a frustrated roar, he lunged forward and took a single, cutting swipe at Mae, the sword held tightly in his palms as it sliced through the air.

Mae managed to jump out of the way as easily as a sly snake nimbly avoiding an attack from some uncoordinated, stumbling challenger.

A frustrated growl escaped his throat as he quickly found his footing again and whirled to face her, annoyed he had to swing again.

"It hurts me to see you like this, my dear, sweet James." Mae frowned as she dared reach out and cup his cheek with her affected hand, "So lost.....so alone......"

James cried out as he swung the sword again, missing her by centimeters as she dodged his brutal reach.

"Come to me, brother.....Submit and I can free you." Mae promised as she faced him with a sinister smile, "You and I.......together, as it's always been meant to be."

He took her pleas as taunts, all of which sent him into a fever pitch of vengeful determination.

James allowed her no more time for words as he charged again and again with the sword.

If Mae hadn't used her affected arm to craftily dodge out of his way like a dancing serpent, he would have split her in two.

————————————————————-