Chapter 43 - Trapped

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Whenever he was at the office, Tom threw himself into his new job.

He worked tirelessly for the Minister and the Ministry, going out of his way to see to one matter after another, far above and beyond what would be expected of someone in his position.

Over time, his stealthy plan began to unfold.

Tom's unmatchable work ethic, charming mannerisms, and skillful magic brought him smile after smile, praise after praise, even from the Minister himself.

Harriet truly appreciated the sacrifices her husband made for the betterment of their family.

Between focusing on her own recovery and adjusting to her new life as a devoted mother, largely with Merope's kind help, Harriet contemplated ways in which she could reward her husband's success.

Tom needed no grand parties.

As baby Mae celebrated her first six weeks of life, he eagerly anticipated Harriet's return to his arms.

Once the healer had given her clearance early one Saturday morning at a special appointment, Tom had spent that afternoon making sure everything was in perfect order for the evening he had planned.

With the aid of a special apparatus purchased from Hogsmeade's apothecary, designed for new mothers, Harriet had managed to express and store enough of her milk that baby Mae would be content with her grandparents for the night.

As Tom prepared to seduce his darling, he brought his daughter to his parents' room, upon which Merope gladly took the little girl into her arms and wished her son well.

Tom walked down the hallway while Merope shut the door and turned to face Tom senior, who sat on their bed.

"Isn't she perfect?" Merope asked as Mae cooed in her arms.

"She is, indeed......" Tom senior purred as Merope walked over and sat down beside him with their granddaughter.

Mae whimpered as her grandfather slipped a finger into her tiny hand and chuckled when she squeezed it tightly.

"She almost looks like a living doll." Merope smiled.

Her statement sounded sentimental, but it was undeniably correct.

Since her birth, Sabrina Maeve Riddle seemed to grow more beautiful with each passing day.

She experienced no awkward moments or  scrunched up scowls like most newborns.

Her emerald eyes shone bright and her dark hair curled as it grew.

"That's because she's our son's daughter." Tom senior whispered while he kissed Merope's lips.

"Just think, my love......" He went on as he purred in her ear, "You only need to share my bed for a single heat and then we can have our own living doll. Wouldn't that be lovely?"

"I haven't had a cycle since Tom was born." Merope replied, "Besides, we may soon have another grandchild if his passions don't cool."

Tom senior laughed darkly as he kissed Merope's shoulder and gazed down at the baby, "If time had not been stolen from us, my love, I assure you, I would have been the same way when we were young."

Merope closed her eyes and sighed as she wondered how many times she would have to endure being stabbed in the heart with the same knife.

"Tom......" She frowned as she looked over at her husband.