Kocho Shinobu x Female Reader

Requested by: JopaPopaAntilopa123

Summary: you and Shinobu had been friends since childhood.  However, when Shinobu's parents were murdered by demons, you were unable to go with her.  Regardless, you both kept in touch through letters.  Over the years, your relationship with each other began to change.  You went from her best friend, to her lover.  

You wondered what your mother would think if you showed her the messages Shinobu had written in lemon juice, only visible if held next to a flame.  Pondered if she'd throw you out for you equally as passionate responses.

That was why you hadn't told her yet.  That you, and your childhood best friend, had been in a relationship for years, right underneath her nose.

Perhaps the beliefs of the public wouldn't change your mother's view of you.  Maybe she'd choose to love her daughter, regardless of who you wanted to date.

You weren't naive enough to put too much hope in that.  Not when your mother had sneered at two men holding hands last week.  Not when she'd led the surge that kicked the last homosexual couple out of town.

So there was nothing more you could do.  You would keep your love for Shinobu a secret, and pray that your mother would stop trying to marry you off. 

Because, for all that you loved about her, the one thing you disliked about Shinobu was her jealousy.  Even if you were not interested in the men your mother presented, their very existence pissed Shinobu off enough that she was willing to commit a crime.

One of these days, maybe they'd both see reason.

263 words