Shinazagawa Sanemi x Female Reader

Requested by: Sanemisd1cksucker

Summary: Three years ago, you and Sanemi went on a mission together.  One year ago, the Demon Slayers defeated Kibutsuji Muzan and his horde of demons.  The cost was large.  A vast majority of the Slayers had been killing, and half of the remainder were doomed to die before they turned twenty five.  Realizing you may not have much time left with him, you sought out Sanemi.

Perhaps fate would be kind from you.

It had been for a little bit, and since it had taken so much from you in your early years, it owed you now.

But you couldn't afford to guess at it's whims.  You had to act now.  Before it was too late.

You knew where the ex Wind Pillar lived: you'd been there a few times as a friend.  So it was easy for you to stride down the familiar path, with a goal in mind.

Ever since that mission you'd been assigned to with him, ever since you'd fought alongside him, you had loved him.  You knew he felt the same (subtle never really was his strong suit), but you'd never acted on your feelings, believing you'd have all the time in the world.

But then Tomioka Giyuu came to talk to you.

He had also seen how the pair of you felt towards each other, and was confused on why you were holding back.  Especially when Sanemi had less than three years left before the Demon Slayer mark took his life.

You had never been informed of the consequences of the mark.  This whole time, you'd been operating under the assumption he still had decades left.  You were such a fool.

You had thanked Giyuu, and set off for Sanemi's house instantly.

Which was where you were now.  In front of his home, fist banging on the door, listening to the clatter of his feet.

The door was barely open before you started speaking.

"I love you.  I have loved you for three years, and I had no idea the mark was going to kill you, but I needed to tell you, so that I could know that you knew."

Sanemi blinked, unable to comprehend what you were saying for a moment.  Once it registered, though, his smile was bright enough to rival the sun.

"I love you too, Y/N."

He held his hand out, and you took it, allowing him to lead you inside.  Allowing him to lead you to his bedroom, allowing him to take your clothes off.

Allowing him inside of you.

For the whole night, his house was filled with sounds of the both of you pleasuring each other, until you were both satisfied.  

You lay in each others arms, content to fall asleep to the sounds of each others heart beat.

When you awoke, the mark had claimed Sanemi's life.  

But he was smiling.

460 words