Kocho Shinobu x Male Reader

Requested by: AadiTheUltimate

Summary: you were a kakushi, someone who helped carry the injured to the Butterfly Estate when they couldn't make it there by themselves.  But you had another secret, one that you kept hidden from your coworkers: you and the Insect Pillar were in a relationship.  

You weren't really sure how the attraction between you and Shinobu started.

Anyone who'd ever looked at the woman could say she was attractive: with shining dark hair and sparkly purple eyes that drew you in.  At some point, you had gone from admiring her from afar to being head over heels in love with the woman.

Luckily for you, she felt the same.  You weren't actually sure what would have happened if the fateful day she sought you out to confess hadn't happened.  Would you have ever confessed on your own, you wondered.  Or would you have spent a lifetime gazing from a distance, never truly being able to move on?

It didn't matter.  Because you were happy with your life.

You had a wonderful lover, who you had promised to marry once she retired, and had already started planning the future with her.

Truly, life was perfect.

If you had been anyone else, anyone not desperately in love with her, you might have questioned how Shinobu had known what you'd looked like beneath the uniform.  You might have questioned how she was able to walk you home without any guidance.  But, above all else, love is blind.

So you remained unquestioning, not bothering to notice the red flags, choosing instead a path of ignorance and bliss and happiness.  And Shinobu, ever the dutiful lover, was more than happy to give you the pleasure you deserved after claiming such a life.

282 words