Iguro Obanai x Female Reader (Platonic)

Requested by: AkiraHaguchi

Summary: you were Obanai's younger sister, and the only one of his family to actually care about him as a human being.  Whenever the snake demon wasn't around, you'd come visit him and try to make his life a little better.  You were there with him when Rengoku Shinjuro came and freed him, so you were able to avoid the massacre the others faced.  And Obanai was finally able to protect you from the world.

"Oni-chan!  Look what I got!"  You held up the tray in your hands with a grin.  In the center of the tray was a bowl of soup flavored with tororo konbu, which was Obanai's favorite food.

He couldn't help but return your grin, and he carefully ate the soup.  If he spilt some on the floor, left any evidence you'd given him extra food, you would be the one who got in trouble, not him.  And the last time you'd gotten in trouble, you'd almost lost an eye.

But you still refused to stop visiting him.  Even when he himself desperately tried to convince you to go, you said no.  Not when he was trapped down here with only Kaburamaru and that vile snake demon as his only company.

Footsteps sounded from behind you, and Obanai paled.  Your fate was sealed, and it was all his fault.  If only he'd tried harder to convince you to leave, if only he'd never interacted with you, you might not have been caught.  Because now, the Iguro family was going to kill you.

At least, they would.  If they had been the ones to walk down those stairs.  But the man who entered the basement of the Iguro home was a stranger. 

His hair and eyes were the color of a burning fire, and he wore a strange uniform.  The most notable thing about him, though, was the katana at his waist.

His eyes narrowed when he spotted you and Obanai, and he rushed to free your brother without missing a beat.  Knowing you'd only hinder his efforts, you stayed out of his way and waited for your brother to be free.

Tears fell from both your eyes as Obanai took his first steps towards freedom.  He... he could go outside!  He could go wherever he wanted, now that he was out of the cage.  His eyes met yours, and an unspoken agreement passed between the two of you.  Wherever he went, you would follow.

And you did.  When Obanai went with the then Fire Pillar, you followed.  When he chose to become a demon slayer, you supported him from the sidelines.  He didn't want you fighting and getting hurt.  When he became a Hashira, you went with him.

And you both were happy.

449 words