Douma x Female Reader

Requested by: AnotherGayButterfly

Summary: you were one of the Butterfly Sisters, though you didn't share the Kocho name.  You were incredibly close with Shinobu, and worried for her when you heard from a crow she was battling with Uppermoon Two.  You went to find her to try and help her, and came upon Shinobu about to be devoured by the demon.

"Caw! Caw! Kocho Shinobu is battling against Uppermoon Two solo!  Backup requested!"

Your head snapped up to the crow, and you immediately followed the crow to a sliding door.  Whipping it open, you could prepared to fight alongside Shinobu.

You stopped dead in your tracks at the sight that greeted you.

Kocho Shinobu, the Insect Hashira, someone you considered a sibling, was dead.

This damn demon was trying to absorb her.  As if murdering her wasn't enough, he now had the balls to fucking absorb her, as if she didn't have family to be buried beside.

You wouldn't allow such disrespect.  Not to a woman who had brought nothing but good into a world that seemed to want to crush it.

Before you could second guess the intelligence of charging at an Uppermoon, you were already snatching Shinobu from his grasp.

It was only when she was in your arms that you realized there was still a bit of life in her.  Panic contorted her features, before she closed her eyes, and her chest no longer moved.

So the bastard had the nerve to try and eat her while she was still alive, huh?  You make sure he'd pay for ever laying a finger on Shinobu.

"Ara?~  Haven't you ever heard it's rude to take someone's meal from them?  How would you like it if I stole your food right from under your nose?"  He gave a fake smile.  "You'd be upset, would you dear?"

You growled at him, not bothering to answer as you launched an attack of Flower Breathing at him.

He blocked it with ease, not even looking as if he was taking you seriously.

And so, you both engaged in a back and forth that would cost one of you their lives.

Time Skip because Author feels like crap

(Basically what happened with Kanao in the manga, where her sword gets taken from her, only Inosuke doesn't come in, and Douma hasn't eaten Shinobu.)

It was all over for you.  You were going to die.  The Uppermoon had somehow managed to take your sword from you, and now stood on the opposite end of the room with a mocking smile on his face.

He dropped your sword on the ground, before rushing towards you in a blur of red and black.

He pulled you close, not even reacting to your struggles as he squeezed the life, quite literally, out of you.

As blackness crept in on the outskirts of your vision, you heard him whisper.

"Don't worry love.  You'll be with me forever."

488 words.