2 - Jailbirds (Guardians of the Galaxy)

Elsewhere inside the Nova Corps base, Corpsmen Saal and Dey were looking at the line-up of recent arrests.

Saal: Well, some good news. Looks like we've apprehended one of Ronan's compatriots.

Dey was presenting the 4 of them, the first one being Gamora.

Dey: Gamora. Surgically modified and trained as a living weapon.

Gamora's biological 
info was then displayed on the screen.

Dey: The adopted daughter of the Mad Titan, Thanos. Recently, Thanos lent her and her sister Nebula out to Ronan, which leads us to believe that Thanos and Ronan are working together.

An icon of Gamora appeared, with an icon of Thanos appearing above hers. Then, an icon of Nebula appeared beside Gamora's as both moved under an icon of Ronan, where a line connected Thanos and Ronan's icons.

Yang: Yeah, yeah, tell us something we didn't know.

Jaune: *confused* Wait... Thanos adopted her? 

Summer: That's... strangely kind for a madman on a warpath to destroy half the universe.

Gian and Jack looked at each other.

Jack: It's...

Gian: Complicated.

Penny: *reads Gamora's desc.* Wait! She's the 'last survivor' of her people? 

Gian: *sighs* Like we said. 

Jack: *shakes head* It's complicated.

Next was Rocket, his Bio Data appearing like Gamora's had.

Dey: Subject 89P13. Calls itself Rocket. The result of illegal genetic and cybernetic experiments on a lower life form. *Rocket spits on the floor*

Velvet gasped in horror, covering her mouth with her hands at Rocket's story. 

Velvet: *furious* Who would do something so horrible?!" The bunny girl asked in disbelief, but 

Cinder winced and clutched at her left arm as she remembered what Salem would have done to her after the Fall of Beacon. 

Cinder: *sympathetic* Poor Rocket...

Jack: *darkly* You'll find out in time who did that to him. 

Saal: *sees Groot* What the hell?

Dey: They call it Groot. A humanoid plant that's been traveling recently as 89P13's personal houseplant/muscle.

Groot approached the glass separating them, looking at it in curiosity.

Ruby: Hey! He's not a houseplant! He's a living creature!

Nora: *maniacally* I'm not much one for houseplants, but if DID have one, I'd DEFINITELY want one that could destroy my enemies!

Sienna: He also seems like a gentle giant.

Dey: Peter Jason Quill, from Terra. Raised from youth by a band of mercenaries called the Ravagers, led by Yondu Udonta.

Meanwhile, the Ravager had his hands up, one fist simply raised as the other made a motion like it was turning a crank, which made Peter slowly raising his middle finger
to the officers before him.

Quill: *innocent* Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know how this machine worked.

Qrow, Yang, Neo and Roman bursted out laughing at Peter's actions. 

Roman: *clutches chest* My man!

Qrow: Oh, man! That reminds me of the first time I met Jimmy! I did THE EXACT same thing! HAHAHA!

Ironwood: Considering you broke into my favorite liquor store and your semblance caused a vintage 20-year-old bottle of scotch to shatter, I was not amused with your antics at the time.

Saal: What a bunch of a-holes.

Peter tried to put his finger back down but it sprang back up.

A few members of the audience were still laughing at Peter's antics.

Emerald: *snickers* Oh the amount of times I flipped Mercury off and he didn't even notice. *Cinder chuckles*