3 - The Betrayal (Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

As Steve was walking to his apartment, he heard his pretty neighbor talking on the phone as she went to do her laundry.

Neighbor: That's so sweet. That is so nice. Hey. I gotta go, though. Okay, bye. *to Steve* My aunt, she's kind of an insomniac. *Steve smiles* Yeah.

Velvet: Aww, that's nice that she talks to her aunt late at night.

Pyrrha: Agreed. That shows you she's a good person to stay up and talk to her aunt rather than just going to sleep or
something.

Yang: I mean, do we even know how late it is? She's clearly going to do laundry, so it can't be THAT late. Heck, she's probably even got time for a movie or 2.

Emerald: *annoyed* Not all of us go to sleep at the ass crack of dawn, Blonde. Late to you and this lady probably means sleeping for 2 hours already for us.

Yang would stay up playing on her scroll even after everyone's laid down to bed. Glynda had given her more than one taste of her crop the past few nights.

Steve: Hey, if you want..if you want, you're welcome to use my machine. Might be cheaper than the one in the basement.

Neighbor: Oh, yeah? What's it cost?

Steve: A cup of coffee?

Penny: *gasps happily* He's doing it. He's finally moving on from Peggy!

Blake: *lewdly* Now let's see just how far they'll move.

Weiss: Blake! They haven't even had a first date yet! Have SOME self control for once!

She smiled at this, but it was also a sorry kind of look, making it clear she wasn't going to accept.

Neighbor: Thank you, but um... I already have a load in downstairs, and, uh... you really don't want my scrubs in your machine. l'm just finished orientation in the infectious diseases ward, so... *steps away*

Nora: No! Rejected!

Ren: It doesn't sound like rejection, Nora. Just a rain check. There's still hope.

Winter: A much needed rain check. Infectious diseases are no joke. I'm wondering why she isn't in some form of
quarantine.

Steve: Ah, well, I'll keep my distance.

Neighbor: Well hopefully not too far.

Steve nodded and turned to go into his apartment.

Neighbor: Oh, and I think you left your stereo on.

Steve looked strangely at this, making it clear he hadn't lone so.

Steve: Oh. Right, thank you.

Qrow: *sus* That's throwing up some red flags.

Ruby: Maybe it's Fury?

Ironwood: Or, it could be whoever is pursuing Fury, hoping he would show up at Captain Roger's home.

Ozpin: It makes sense. What better place to lay low than with the most loyal and upstanding person Fury knows. Especially when that person is a Super Soldier with an indestructible shield.

Neighbor: Yeah. *leaves*

Steve watched her go down the stairs, berore turning in suspicion to his door.