9 - Coming Together (The Avengers)

Ozpin: Gian, one question before we start, please.

Gian: Yes, what is it?

Ozpin: So you claimed the heroes were from movies from your world, yet they apparently also must exist in your world, as Thor as adopted Ms. Valkyrie. Could you explain?

Gian: Oh, right. I guess that can get confusing. Well, the heroes themselves exist, the movies and comics are just based off their exploits. They were gracious enough to let Marvel make comics and movies about them.

Glynda: A quick, simple explanation. Very good.

Ruby: Yeah. Now, let's see the Avengers kick Loki's butt for what he did to Coulson!

Students: YEAH!

Fury gathered Tony and Steve back into the briefing room, where everyone there had a look as if in a daze. A look of numb shock was shown on their devastated faces, no one speaking for a while.

Nora: *sympathetic* Poor Cap and Tony. They look so sad.

Blake: They just lost a comrade and a very good friend, Nora. I'm sure none of us would be any better after that.

Ozpin: Sadly, they don't have much time to mourn his loss. Loki's plan will soon take action. And they must be ready and get there before or when it does.

Fury: These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them.

He threw Coulson's Captain America Trading Cards on the table towards Steve. They scattered across the table and smeared blood across the glass. Steve picked one up, stained with the agent's blood, showing off an image of himself back during his days as a poster boy.

Ironwood: You could have handed them to him. You should handle your fallen comrade's belongings with care!

Ruby: Yeah, that's just mean.

Qrow: Some people process grief in different ways. I doubt Fury's all that gentle of a person under normal circumstances, anyway.

Fury: We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming.

Tony didn't seem to be listening, he was wringing his hands and his mind was somewhere else. Steve tossed away the cards, unable to look at them.

Fury: Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called THE AVENGERS INITIATIVE. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes.

Winter: And that's why we fight the Grimm. So the rest of Remnant and those who can't fight for themselves don't have to, so they can live a normal life.

Glynda: And why we assign students to teams, so they can learn and grow together, gaining new experiences and gaining new allies who will stand with them, no matter what.