Panic

"So tell me Agent Jareau how have you been, you know after your divorce and everything" Strauss questioned the blonde as they drove to the latest crime scene, JJ was at the wheel while Reid sat in the passenger seat and Strauss at the back.

It was a half an hour drive and Erin hadn't stopped questioning them the moment they got into the car, she was asking them about there personal life, more importantly their relationship but she tried to beat around the bush.

"I have had no time for personal relationships, I have just been spending time with Henry" JJ said through gritted teeth, hoping Reid knew she meant nothing.

The past few weeks of her life had been the best she ever had, Spencer was practically with her twenty four seven, and they would drive to work together only going in at different times, and he would time her jogs, she had tried to get him to come running with her but after the first five minutes he had complained about a heart attack so she had settled on him timing her not that she minded, anytime spent with him was time worth spending.

"Interesting and you Agent Reid" Strauss said and Spencer flashed her a smile "it's actually Doctor Reid" he said and JJ stifled a laugh, "and no I like to focus on my work" he said and JJ watched as he rubbed his eyes.

Arriving at there destination, the trio got out of the car and walked through the swarm of reporters and the remaining crowd, shouting "no comment" to anyone who asked them a question.

After getting through the crowd JJ ducked under a yellow banner and greeted the agent on the other side "SSA Jennifer Jareau, and this is Spencer Reid and Erin Strauss" she held her hand out and he shook it "Agent Mallen, the body was found back here" he said leading them through the empty lot to where an abandoned shed stood.

She was immediately greeted by the smell of blood and rotting flesh, pinching her nose she followed Mallen in and her eyes widened in horror when she saw the chain hanging from the ceiling with little tuffs and loose strands of blonde hair sticking out from them.

She instantly wanted to vomit, and if it wasn't for Strauss JJ would have her arms wrapped around his waist and her head buried into his neck.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Spencer Reid watched in horror as his girlfriend tossed and turned in the bed, the inn didn't have enough rooms and JJ and Reid offered to pair up but Strauss had no idea, ever since the crime scene she had been completely jumpy and he was tempted to crawl into bed beside her.

He was never really the hugging type but with her it was different he wanted to feel her skin pressed against his, her lips against his or just the feeling of her hand in his, it was pure pleasure just being in her presence made his heart thump against his chest.

"Spence, get them off" she cried out softly and he rose of the couch watching as she moved around in the bed, she was quiet for a moment but then she began shouting "Spence get them off" she cried out as she defended herself from something.

Rushing to her side Reid gently shook her gently feeling pain shoot through him as her nails clung into his skin, "oh thank God" she whimpered as she leant into him.

"Can you stay with me please" she said softly and he nodded, crawling into bed beside her, he wrapped his arms around her pulling her close.

lindsayk2503 thanks for all your comments and votes ❤️ I hope I haven't disappointed you.