Fear

The sound of his phone going off was enough to wake Reid from a deep sleep, and groggily he lifted his head feeling his hair flop over his face.

He reached over to the night stand, and that's when he felt something squeeze around his waist, confused he twisted his head to see a familiar blonde fast asleep, her blonde her sprawling in all directions as eye lids covered her blue eyes.

"Please tell me we don't have to go work at three am" she muttered and Spencer smiled as she cuddled up to him, her body warm as it pressed against his, they hadn't done anything like that but last night they had gone stargazing on his balcony and somehow she ended up in his bed, fully clothed.

Picking his phone up he sighed as he saw who it was from, "we have a case don't we" she grumbled and he let out one of his awkward laughs "mhm", laying back down in his bed he smiled as her head found its way to his chest, instantly spreading warmth through him.

How could this happen, in under a week he had kissed the person he loves most, asked her out and they had sleepovers, for the guy who failed in love he was doing pretty well.

Soon enough JJ's phone started ringing from her pocket and the two slid out bed, "I should go change, I'll see you at work" she offered and he nodded, but as soon as she shut the front door he raced to the cabinet filled with his nicest clothes.

Picking out a buttoned white shirt, a striped tie some black jeans and a belt he headed to the bathroom, were he combed his hair and made sure he looked presentable.

As he tucked his shirt in, he could see the faint tip of one of his many scars and he slightly shuddered, JJ had asked him about them but he would always change the subject, he didn't know why he was so afraid to tell her he had told her most things but this hurt the most, he struggled to get the words out.

"Reid" a voice called out and he felt arms wrap around him as he walking inside the FBI building "hey Emily" he said giving her a light squeeze back but his eyes were already searching for her, the blonde hair that covered her intelligent head, the blue eyes that could brighten anyone's day and the smell of vanilla flowers that followed her around, it was enough to make him miss her.

He heard Prentiss let out a little aww and he looked up to the screen his eyes widening when he saw what they were watching.

The news reporter stood in the far right of the screen and in the background you could clearly see JJ running towards Spencer and pulling him into a big kiss, her arms wrapping around his neck.

His cheeks flushed bright red, and he heard Emily stifle a laugh as he followed her to the conference room, ignoring the stars from surrounding officers, but a smile at the memory was planted on his face his warm brown eyes twinkling.

ssa_jeid Ashleighpelham blacklovewhite geekygubler for you 💕