The Heart Wants What The Heart Wants

Jennifer Jareau stood in line amongst many other passengers as she waited to board her flight, all she had with her was her badge and gun since she was going to be back here hopefully by sunrise.

After Prentiss had left her alone the park, JJ had taken some time to think but it wasn't fair or Will, he married her and she was in love with someone else, it just wasn't fair and JJ had to tell him, she couldn't live with herself of she didn't.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Meanwhile Emily Prentiss strode in the department station her hands wrapped tightly around the mug, whose contents had gone cold.

Her head was going a hundred miles an hour, she had expected JJ to admit to it eventually but it was nice, knowing she trusted her enough to admit the truth.

"Hey Prentiss" Morgan called out to her, flashing her a slight grin as he did his brown eyes twinkling, "JJ just called in, apparently Henry's sick and she's going to go see him" Hotch called out from behind the pair, and Emily felt herself smile at her friends lie.

"Hey has anyone said Reid this morning?" Morgan asked as he took a seat on one the chairs, occupying there area.

"No, Prentiss would you mind" Hotch said as he shot her a pleading look, Prentiss to happy to care nodded, and she placed her empty mug on the table, before she headed out of the building swinging the car keys around her fingers.

Striding into the teams latest stay spot, Emily walked straight up to the counter, and flashed her badge "I need to know where I can Spencer Reid" she said and the receptionist nodded "room 453" she said simply and Prentiss nodded "I'll need a key" and after typing and swiping she handed Prentiss a key before flashing a short smile "have a good day" she said through gritted teeth and Prentiss smiled "I will."

Prentiss walked down the hallways of floor four until she found herself outside the room she wanted, she rang the doorbell and there was no response, she banged hard on the door "Reid, get up" she yelled at least one or twice more until she fished the key out of her pocket and swiped it.

"Reid get your a-" Prentiss cut herself off when she saw the pool of blood that he seeped into the carpet floor, "Spencer" she called out, feeling herself begin to worry "REID" she yelled out again, and there was still nothing.

Panic began to arise over the agent as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and clicked on Hotch's speed dial number.

"Pren-" but this time she cut him off "Hotch something happened to Reid" she exclaimed not realising how much her heart was pumping.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Is it something I did" Will whispered as his forehead was pressed against hers, he didn't understand what happened, why she just suddenly decided to leave him.

"No, you were perfect" she whispered her voice breaking, "then why" he responded but he already knew the answer, he had seen it coming.

JJ pulled him into a kiss, a goodbye kiss but as her lips were pressed against his she didn't feel that spark that she used to, it was just a kiss.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Prentiss and the team minus JJ and Reid stood in front of the board, each with worried expressions on there faces as they stared at the photos Prentiss had taken while at the hotel room, blood stained the carpet and there was a bit by a window and everyone was quite, but they also knew they were on a time limit, they had to find him before it was to late for the second time.

But as Prentiss studied the bored she felt her heart stop when a voice called out behind her "Hey guys" it called and Prentiss felt her heart stop how was she going to tell her best friend that the man she loves is gone for the second time.