|| 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ||

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" she smiles at him.

He almost chocked. Alaric was expecting Caroline to come and get her lasts stuff, definitely not the stunning hybrid.

"Hey..." he clears his throat.

"So, I'm taking Care's lasts boxes" Rosalind says and places some packages on top of the table "also, I brought breakfast for you and the girls"

Alaric smiles at her.

"Thanks!" he says.

"No problem!" she says "where are they?"

"They're upstairs watching cartoons after eating big bowls of sugar. They have excellent lives" Alaric says.

Rosalind smiles.

"Did Caroline comment about the sugar?" she asks.

Alaric gives her a look.

"Not if she doesn't know..." Rosalind laughs "...of course!"

After a moment of silence, while Rosalind is unpacking the food she brought, Alaric decides to break the silence.

"How are you?" he asks.

She frowns confused.

How is she?

"I'm...fine?" she tilts her head to the side.

"How are you really feeling?" Alaric sighs.

Rosalind pursed her lips in deep thought. It has been a really long time since her life started to run at full speed.

"It never gets easier to see your own children in danger" she quietly answers "especially inside your own house"

Alaric gives her a sympathetic look.

"When I saw her going after them..." she closes her eyes with a sigh.

"Hey..." Alaric stands in front of her "...they're alright! You protected them! As always!"

She opens her eyes, seeing a look she particularly didn't understand in his eyes.

Weird...

"Thanks..." she clears her throat.

Alaric opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by little footsteps running into the room.

"AUNTIE ROSIE!" both Josie and Lizzie ran towards Rosalind.

She smiles, kneeling in front of them.

"Hello you two!" she kisses their cheeks "I brought waffles and donuts for you two!"

The two little girls immediately took off towards the food, causing Rosalind to laugh.

The Gemini twins are really blessings in Caroline's life.

While she was entertained with her own thoughts, Rosalind completely missed Alaric's dreamy eyes on her. Something that happens with Rosalind quite often. Man staring at her with loving eyes, imagining what'd feel like to be with her, to have her in his arms and mostly, to have a family with her.

But of course, this privilege is already taken.

...Sybil's Lair...

Enzo is cleaning out the pool with a net as Sybil is lounging by the water, her feet dangling in the water.

"Why is he always napping? Me? I love keeping my new eyes open" she shrugs "After you spend a couple of hundred years with little shriveled-up eye sockets underneath where your eyebrows used to be, you take extra pleasure in using all the parts of your body"