|| 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE EIGHT
"THE RIVER IN REVERSE"

...Previously, on THE ORIGINALS...

[voiceover] "My brothers and I are the first vampires in history, the Originals. 300 years ago, we called New Orleans home. I was happy here. For a time. Now we've returned, only to find a miracle" Rebekah says.

"Niklaus, Rosalind is carrying your child"

[voiceover] "And with it, a new responsibility"

"I will always protect you. You have my word on that"

[voiceover] "But our family has many enemies"

"Klaus destroyed everything good in my life. So, I'm gonna take away the things he wants most"

[voiceover] "These threats should have united us. Instead, Klaus has driven us apart"

"Why should I help you after what you did to Elijah?"

"You're my family"

"Klaus will never stop trying to control you. What do you want?"

[voiceover] "My brother expects my loyalty, as he has for a thousand years. But now, perhaps it's time to make a different choice"

...St Anne's Church...

Rebekah is in the confessional booth, talking through a screen to Father Kieran, who seems annoyed.

"I should never have come back here. This is the town where I fell in love...and where love failed us. I assume you know who I'm talking about?" she asks.

"You should know Marcel and I are not on the best of terms right now" Father Kieran says.

"But you are an active priest, are you not? Ready and able to hear my confession?" she asks.

"Usually the word 'willing' falls somewhere in that sentence. Are you even Catholic?" he asks.

"I've been on this Earth for a thousand years. I can't say for certain that I believe in anything like a God. But, I need absolution from someone. Anyone. So, will you hear my confession or not?" she asks.

Father Kieran sighs and nods silently.

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I am a liar, a betrayer. I have conspired against my own blood and I doubt even your God could save me" she says.

 I have conspired against my own blood and I doubt even your God could save me" she says

...The Bayou...

Elijah is laying on a bed in Dwayne's old shack, tossing and turning restlessly while Rosalind stands at his bedside and tries to feed him some water.