|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE SEVEN
"CHASING THE DEVIL'S TAIL"

...Mikaelson Compound...

Elijah lays on his bed in the compound, still asleep as he was when he was rescued. He's breathing erratically, covered in a thin sheen of sweat, and his muscles are tense, as though he's being overwhelmed by fear. Klaus stands over him and talks to him, his voice echoing through Elijah's head.

"I know you are locked in battle, however deep in your mind our mother has set the stage. Hear my voice" Klaus pleads.

Elijah twitches anxiously in his sleep.

"Our mother thinks she will win because she has left you alone, but you are not alone. Let me in" he continues.

Klaus puts one hand on his head, and one hand on his chest, hoping to gain entry into Elijah's mind. Elijah's body goes rigid as though he's been shocked and Elijah's muscles begin to seize and spasm painfully.

"Let me help end whatever torment she has forced upon you" Klaus says.

Klaus' nose begins to bleed, and he gets glimpses of the dreams Elijah has been having. Klaus groans in pain as he continues to try to break through, but he's quickly ripped off of Elijah by a very concerned Rosalind.

"What are you doing?" she asks worried, wiping the blood from his nose with her sleeve.

Klaus, startled, pants in an attempt to catch his breath. He wraps his arms around her waist and rest his head at her shoulder, breathing in her scent.

She hums and caressed the back of his neck.

"I'm trying to enter Elijah's thoughts to wake him" Klaus explains.

He gestures to Elijah, who is still sleeping fitfully.

They withdrew from the embrace and she turns around to look at Elijah.

"Esther's locked me out" Klaus says.

Rosalind walks over to Elijah, noticing a flower petal-shaped wound on his neck.

"Is this rash a side effect of the witchy acid trip he's on?" she asks.

Klaus frowns and returns to Elijah's bedside to examine the wound more carefully.

"I haven't seen this since I was a child. Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual, and our mother would use the petals of a rare merlock orchid to put him to sleep. She would mend his mind with a spell, and then wake him with the roots of the same plant" he says.

He turns to Rosalind, looking hopeful.

"If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the Bayou. You stay here with your wolves and mind the fort" he says.

"I'd rather rip your mother's head off" she muttered.

"Don't you dare" he says in a serious tone "Stay clear of her. I mean it, Rosie. She already got to you once and I don't doubt she would hesitate on doing it again to get to me and Elijah"

"I won't go after her. I promise" she reluctantly says.

"Thank you" he says and kisses her forehead before walking out of the room.

Rosalind turns back toward Elijah and approaches the bed to talk to him.

"You know..." she starts sitting besides him "...I've learned a few things from your mother. I won't go after her. I'll go after everything that she loves"