|| 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ||

SEASON ONE - EPISODE TWELVE
"DANCE BACK FROM THE GRAVE"

...Lafayette Cemetery...

Genevieve and Celeste/Sabine stroll through the cemetery.

"Oh, I remember this cemetery. Hmm. Hasn't changed a bit" Genevieve says.

"I've been coming here over a century, wearing one face or another" Celeste/Sabine says.

...Flashback, Lafayette Cemetery 1919...

Genevieve approaches a woman who is kneeling in front of a tomb, praying to her ancestors.

"Clara Summerlin, will you come on? We're gonna miss everything" the redhead says.

The two walk over to where a crowd of white-clad witches are standing around a bonfire, playing congo drums and watching as a lone witch dances around the flames. Papa Tunde walks out with an albino python around his shoulders, which he hands to his twin sons after clapping in order quiet the crowd.

"Told you. Every witch in the Quarter is here to see the great Papa Tunde" Genevieve says.

"Witches of the French Quarter, thank you for your welcome. It is good to be among people of the faith. I, too, practice ancestral magic, honoring those who walked the path before us. From them, we draw strength. And you will need strength, for a great darkness is coming. The city your forefathers left you is now overrun by pirates, beasts, and vampires" Papa Tunde says.

Papa Tunde takes the python from his sons and throws it into the fire, and many of the witches gasp in surprise and fear.

"I practice other magic, as well. Sacrificial magic...channeling power from the lives of my offerings. I use this strength to vanquish my enemies, and I will punish your enemies for their greed. In return, you will accept my family into your coven, and me as your leader" he says.

...Flashback - A Meeting In The French Quarter, 1919...

Two men enter the room and join Elijah and a police officer, who are seated at a table.

"Gentlemen, make yourselves at home. Mayor O'Connell appears to be running late, but there's much to discuss, so I shall begin" Elijah says.

"One moment, please, brother. You know how much I enjoy these illicit, little gatherings" Klaus says, walking down the stairs.

"Do not be troubled. Despite my brother's reputation, I can assure you, we've invited you here to broker in peace. You have my word" Elijah continues.

"And, lucky for you, my brother always keeps his word. You two are from the Guerrera crime family, a brutish pack of thieves and killers. And that's nothing compared to what you become on a full moon, is it?" Klaus asks.

"Yes, yes, yes. Of course, a bite from your kind is not lethal to an Original. Conflict between us would not end well for you at all. Let's state our proposal here. My brother and I control the ports of the city, but with Prohibition soon to be the law of the land, there'll be a certain uptick in the kind of federal presence we prefer to avoid. Therefore, I'd like to suggest a system whereby...under our supervision, of course...the Guerrera family can traffic alcohol into the city of New Orleans for a profit. We would still be in charge, but our rule would remain a secret" Elijah says.

Papa Tunde walks into the room with his sons following behind him.

"This all sounds very good, but tell me, how will it benefit the witches?" He asks.