|| 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 ||

SEASON TWO - EPISODE SIX
"WHEEL INSIDE THE WHEEL"

...FLASHBACK - KINGDOM OF NORWAY, 972 A.D...

A young Esther is bundled up and walking through the cold and snow toward a cottage. Inside the cottage is a darker-haired witch named Dahlia, who is in the midst of performing a spell as she clutches a necklace in her hand. She is surrounded by human skulls, reindeer antlers, and dozens of lit candles.

"In unim edito, domino sae domina, cutlas sino liberos, sino liberos" she chants.

Esther finally arrives at the cottage and pushes the door open, closing it behind her. Dahlia is startled and doesn't look happy as Esther removes her mittens and walks toward her.

"Sister, I've come to beg for your help" young Esther says.

"What for?" Dahlia asks skeptically.

"You know I've always wanted children of my own..." Esther was cut off.

"Then go. Have your Viking children" Dahlia says angrily.

"It's been almost a full year, and I am still not with child. I fear I am cursed" Esther says.

She looks at Dahlia, who sighs in annoyance.

"Dahlia, please. With your magic, you could help me!" Esther pleads.

Dahlia stands to her feet and stares at her angrily.

"You come to me needing favors? If you hadn't abandoned your talents with witchcraft, you could help yourself" Dahlia says.

"I was never as strong as you, I know that!" Dahlia turns away from her "Just as I know you will not turn me away. You are my sister, and whatever our quarrels, we are bound by blood" Esther says.

Dahlia seems to be considering this, and after a moment, she turns back toward her sister, looking conflicted about her options.

"Please, help me" Esther begs.

"What you ask of me, it requires heavy sacrifice" Dahlia says unhappy.

Esther steps toward her, near tears and clearly relieved by this response.

"I will do whatever you ask!" Esther says.

Dahlia notices her tears and sighs before pulling Esther into an embrace.

"Ah, here. I could never refuse you" She pulls away and takes Esther's face in her hands "My precious little Esther"

 I could never refuse you" She pulls away and takes Esther's face in her hands "My precious little Esther"

...Mikaelson Compound...

Rosalind is looking out over the French Quarter from the balcony of the nursery while holding a wolf plush close to her chest, when she's suddenly startled by the sounds of tortured screaming. She frowns and returns inside, following the noise to Klaus' bedroom, where Klaus has blood splattered all over his hands and face and is washing up in his sink.