39. In the frame

Charisma stirred and woke after the effects of the sedative the doctor had given her had worn off. "Keegan.. KEEGAN!." She called.

Lena opened the bedroom door. "Hey.. did you have a good rest!.."

"Where is Keegan.. he knows I don't like him being anywhere but in this bed with me right now... and what are you doing here.. what time is it." She said grabbing for her cell on the bedside table.

" She said grabbing for her cell on the bedside table

"Sis!..."
Charisma looked at her.
"Keegan is with the feds... they came here and arrested him for killing Blake...

Her face drained of colour and she stared at her. "But I did that shit.. I killed him...

"Keegan won't let you go to jail... and Darren gave the cops Keegan's name as the shooter.."

"Why the fuck would he do that Lena!." She said getting worked up.

"His brother was killed..he's hurting and he wanted someone to pay... we're all in agreement that that wasn't gonna be you, not right now." She told her.

She got up and sat on the edge of the bed she rubbed her face ferociously. "Shit...shit!.. no.. I need him, I need him!.." she started scratching at her skin on her wrist furiously.

Lena grabbed her arms. "NO!.. just stop... STOP!." She yelled and pinned her wrists beside her. Lena let tears fall. "Charisma, I'm so scared for you right now... please. Just let me be here... until Keegan gets out cos he will...

"It wasn't supposed to hurt Keegan.. I didn't want to hurt Keegan.."

"I know.. and he knows that too.. and once again he's protecting you..."

"Fuck!.. FUCK!." She screamed in heartfelt pain as Lena hugged her into her and let her get it out of her system on her.

————

"....look... I didn't shoot no one..

"Well, we got witnesses to say you did.. and no CCTV to back your side of the story up so....

"I had a fight with him...