16. Confused

Lena arrived at Darren's place. She got out of her car and she walked up the drive. She stopped as he opened the door. He had a smile so wide.
He ran out to her and grabbed her spinning her around as he held her. "You really are a sight for sore eyes... god will tell you... I have missed you... I have prayed for you every single day." He said. "Come in... I was just making some brunch... you in...

"Umm...

"Come on... I've got a lil bit of everything that you like." He said beaming from ear to ear.

She walked in, he was so happy

She walked in, he was so happy. She couldn't just tell him like he was nothing to her, because he was something to her. He had been her friend and confidante, he had been the one who made her smile again, after the love of her life, her one and only love had 'died'.

She saw the food already laid out on the dining table. "Take a seat... I'm going to put everything in the centre of the table, so you can help yo self.." he looked at her as he finished cooking. "I hear you took out the leader of the Yakuza.. everyone was talking about it on Keegan's side..

"Wow, news travels fast.." she said.

"I'm so proud of you.. the way you handle yo self... honestly you are a Queen in every right Lena, don't let anyone ever tell you different... you had me out here teaming up with Keegan to get y'all back... how is Charisma!."

She took a deep breath. "She had it worse than me... they sold her immediately after we were taken... she spent 3 months in hell... I on the other hand can't lie, cos I was treated like a Queen, I had everything I wanted at my fingertips... Timo was so in love with me, the bloodline and money that I could get what I wanted...it only went left once, but I got him back on side easily...

"Who wouldn't be in love with you." Darren said. "Because.. I know I am..."
He placed the last of the food down and he walked around to where she was. He looked at her for a second before he got down on one knee.

"Darren what are you doing?." She asked him.

"Lena.. I know you've been through some crazy times... I met you and from that second I instantly knew there was no other woman that could make me feel and smile like you do. I am in love with you. So I wanna know if.... You'll marry me.." he said to her with a smile.

He held the ring out to her, it was a 14 stone diamond. She looked at the ring and then him. "Darren I... I like you.. I really do but.. marriage... that is a longer way off for me...

"We can have a long engagement.. I just want to know that you're mine." He said to her. "I love you."

Lena didn't know what to do or say. She swallowed hard. "Listen... it isn't a no, but please give me time... there are things I need to work through first... please keep this ring and we can talk about it again in a couple of months or so..." she told him.

He got back to his feet. "Look I know I'm not yo ex husband and I would never be able to fill his shoes but... I would love to try to help you find love again.."